ACADEMIC RIVAL - YUJUN °

~~~~~~~~~♡

"Congratulations!!" you bow at the compliments, kissing the golden trophy that you earned with very, very hard work. The ceremony just finished, so you walk backstage, letting out a scream of joy.

"Probably cheated," you cock your head to the voice, watching a blonde headed boy eye you from across the room. "Probably just jealous," you answer back, inching towards the boy.

Jung Yujun. Your rivial. Well, only your rival when it comes to academics. You dont talk when you're not in school. It all started when yujun cheated during the first grade spelling bee. You were so close to winning, the second to last person standing when you got the word "favorite."

Maybe it was the anticipation, the excitement to get the spelling bee over with when your mind went blank.

"F.. a.. v.."

There was a boy standing next to you, and he could tell you were struggling. He tapped your shoulder, mouthing a letter to help you out. You had grown quite fond of this boy, you would even say you had a small crush on him. So of course you trusted him.

"F, a, v, r, o, i, t, e." You spelt out each word with confidence, a small smile on your face when you hear a snicker. And another, and another, until the whole class was laughing. You eyes widen with terror as you watch your teacher shake her head, asking the boy next to you the same question and him answering it perfectly.

He had lied to you, and now he was the winner. The rest was history; you lashed out on him and ever since then you hated each others guts. Some called you childish, others say you'd like each other in the future but you always shaked it off. Maybe you were still a little heartbroken, but you spent years getting back at him.

"Just let me have my moment, wont you?" You scoff, laying another kiss on the trophy. "Ew, dont make out with it." Yujun makes a sour face. "And you did cheat." He finishes. "You whispered jinsik for help when you werent supposed too."

"Jinsik.. my teammate??" You laugh. "Those were the rules yujun, I really don't know what to say." You step towards him, and to your shock he does too.

"Why do you talk about jinsik all the time anyway?" You flash back to the amount of times yujun glared at him, how his jaw would always tighten whenever jinsik made you laugh. "Do you have a crush on him or somethi- oh my god you're jealous!!" You slap his arms repeatedly as yujun scoffs, his ears turning pink.

"I do no-"

"Everything makes sense now," you cut him off, a smile on your face. Yujun rolls his eyes, turning his body away from yours as you notice how pink his ears were. "Aww your ears!!" You coo, leaning to touch his ear when he pushes your body away.

"S-stop.." he blushes more as you giggle at him, leaning to touch his ear again. "I said stop!!" His voice gets deeper as he pushes you again, the force making you fall on your butt, your arm running against a sharp edge.

"Oww.." your eyes water as you look down your arm, the red blood tinkling out as you wince, looking away. "Oh my god!!" Yujun panicks, looking around for a first ad kit. "I'm so sorry!!" He repeats endlessly, finding the first ad in a cabinet and rushing to your arm.

Grabbing it softly, he pats your arm with a cloth. "I-im so sorry, I didnt mean to push you that hard and now your bleeding, oh my god this is all my fault, I so sor-"

"Yujun." You cut him off, making him stop and look up at you. His eyes looked damped as he blinks a tear away. "Its not your fault.. I was pushing your buttons anyway." You reason, but yujun wasn't hearing it.

"I'm sorry.." he repeats again, his voice soft as he cleans up his cut. Although you hated, you felt your heart soften. Yujun was always big and bad, he never showed this side before. "Its okay.." you whisper, squeezing his hand. You smile softly at him, and after a while he returns it, looking down again.

After cleaning your cut, he sits beside you, leaning his head against the wall. "You've never been this nice before.." you break the silence, yujun looking over at you. "Yeah.." he chuckles before thinking. He has never been this nice towards you before.

"Why are you being so nice to me again?"

"Because I hurt you." He answers simply. "I always hurt you." He smiles sadly.

"Yujun I-"

"This is all my fault. I shouldn't have told you the wrong answer during that spelling bee thing." He chuckles, shaking his head. "I realized I told you the wrong answer as you were saying it. I should've said the wrong answer too so I could stand next to you that day. I ruined all of my chances with you."

"Chances..? Yujun, did you like me?"

"A lot." He nods. "I still do, but you hate me now. I would hate me too."

"Yujun.."

"I wish I could so back in time and change everything."

"Yujun!!" You cup his cheeks, making him stop talking again. His eyes widen for a second before a smile comes. "Aw you look so cute." He boops your nose.

"You shouldn't say that to yourself yujun."

"Everything that I said was true," he shrugs, "theres no use of denying it."

"I like you too, jun."

"Aww you dont have to lie to make me feel better, after I made you hurt for all these years."

That's it, you couldnt take it anymore.

"Why are you leaning so close??"

You peck his nose. "Y-yahh what are you doin-" Lifting his face, you press a soft kiss on his lips. A kiss sound echoes throughout the empty room when you break it a couple seconds later. Holding yujuns face close to yours, you give him a stern gaze. "If you dont stop talking I'm going to kiss you again."

"But I-"

Kiss.

A/n: thank you notyeetfelix for requesting!! Was supposed to post this earlier </3

1046 words