hunter request

~~~~~~~~♡

"Your keys are under the reindeer right?" Hunter askes again, his gloved hands holding up his phone to his lips so you would hear him better. From your screen, you watched the blue sky, some snow falling before the camera lands back on hunter. A dark blue scarve wraps around his neck with a red beanie shielding his hair, his head hiding underneath the materials. He looked cute.

He gives you a small smile, his squishy cheeks lightly pink from the cold as he takes another step in the snow. "This is gonna take a while.." he chuckles to himself, feeling a little bit of regret for walking all the way to your house. "Yeah, well hurry up. Camera weather man guy said its freezing! Actually.. you shouldnt even be outdoors!!"

"Camera weather man guy?" He repeats, holding back his laugh.

"Shut up." You send the camera lens a glare, hunter giving you an amused smirk as you prompt your phone against the book you were reading, walking away from the device to locate your heater in your living room. "Is it cold?" He asks, his voice lightly muffled.

"Yeah." You nod, a small pout on your lips as you engulf your body with a random blanket laying on the floor, deciding to sit on it as you lean your head against your couch, moving your phone to the small coffee table so hunter could see you better. He found you adorable, fighting the smile that tries to lift his lips and the sudden urge to teleport to your arms, wishing the blanket was him instead. "How far are you?" Your sweet voice snaps him out of his trance

"Just a more few blocks, almost there."

"Mmh okay," you look away from your phone to play with the hem of your shirt, "Why'd you want to come over anyway?"

"Oh.." you watch as hunter darts his eyes away from the camera, his cheeks forming a darker shade of pink. You wonder if it was still from the cold. "You know.. just to hang out." He makes up a random excuse, his shoulders shrugging as he wipes some snow that had fallen on his phone. You raise your eyebrow, "we hung out yesterday."

"Well, you know-"

"Wait, hunter do you hear that?" You cut him off, looking around the room as the sound of something sizzling fills your ears. "What do i hear??"

A moment of silence goes by. "Okay i think everything- AHHHH!" you scream, ducking your head as a second reflex as something launches in the air, hitting and turning off your phone before landing to the floor.

"WHAT WAS THAT?!" hunter shouts from his end, removing his lips from the bottom of the phone to furiously tap on it, but the call was already cut off, his breathes getting shaky from the thought of something bad happening to you. And without a second thought he stuffs his phone into his pocket, sprinting down the snowy sidewalk and to your house.

He breaths heavily when he finds your poorly built reindeer, almost knocking the thing over to find your house key at the bottom of its hooves. Hunter, still shaking, stuffs the key into the keyhole, busting the door open to find you laid out on the floor, along with an exploded can beside you.

"No, no, no, no, no." Hunter repeats, holding up your unconscious body, resting your head against his chest as he rubs your cheek with his wet glove. "Wake up, please." His voice cracks, his eyes swelling up with tears, his heart breaking. He was going to confess to you today, finally tell you how he really felt instead of cowering away from the thought.

"I was going to tell you how much i love you." He whispers, blinking a tear away as it streams down his cheek. "Please wake up." He whispers again, his forehead laying against yours as he sobs.

The sobs get louder, your eyes opening to find hunters arms around you, the feeling makes your heart warm up. "Hunter?" You dont ever thing someone could lift their head as fast as he could, cupping both of your cheeks with a growing smile. "You're awake!! You're awake!!" He exclaims, sobbing into your neck as he hugs you tighter.

"Duh, im not going out without a fight." You flick his forehead, hunter laughing at your cheesy comment. You lay in the same position on the floor with content, your hands coming up to rub his hair as hunter hums in your neck. "Wait a sec.." you think to yourself, remembering you could faintly hear some of hunters words.

"What?" He asks, sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

"Do you.. like me?" Your head tilts.

His eyes widen. "What, nope, how could i ever?? Haha- yeah i do." He looks down in defeat.

"Aw." You chuckle, patting his head. "Me too."

817 words