minjae soft thoughts

~~~~~~~~♡

"Go, turn around. You've already helped me enough." You spin the boy, pushing him away from you. "But-"

"No buts, now go home!!" You almost shout at him, but his laughter was louder. His eyes into small crescents with the biggest smile, showing off his pretty teeth.

"You're not going to walk home by yourself."

"Minjae," you begin, sighing as you hold the bridge of your nose. "What?" He stuffs his hands into his pockets, a shrug leaving his shoulders.

You werent really close to minjae to begin with, seeing as you only saw him at lunch talking with his friends. But you learned that there was a soft side to minjae; when he helped you get a book that was too high on a bookshelf. And how he — even though he didnt have to — helped you study, spending all of his free time reviewing questions with you for the 100th time. He was doing more than enough, and you werent even friends.

"Just let me take you home, we are almost there anyway."

"But its going to be so late when you arrive home."

"So? I'll call my mom. Its too dangerous for pretty girls to walk home alone late."

He's doing it again. His flirting. Not only did he help you study but he flirted with you. Purposely staring at you until you noticed, stating that you were too pretty for him to focus. And just like last time you let out a big huff, storming away from the grinning boy.

"Wait!!" He calls after you while running to your side, wrapping his arms around yours. "You could trip." You hum, too annoyed to do anything.

But although he was flirty on the outside, he was freaking out on the inside, wondering if he was being too flirty that it would drive you away. Thats not what he wanted, he just wanted a chance to talk to you after staring at you afar, his voice always stuck in his throat if he was anywhere near you.

He was tired of being so nervous and he was tired of his friends teasing you, so he decided to make a move, refusing to back down like a chicken. And here you are now, minjae having the most fun in his life, hiding his lovesick smile anytime you glare at him.

"We're here." You stop in front of your doorstep, walking up the steps as minjae stands there. Then you start to feel guilty, like a burden for dragging him around for the past hour, even though he insisted.

"Thank you." You sigh, turning around, the latters eyes going soft. "I gotta repay you somehow."

"No." He cuts you off, waving his hands around. "You don't have too, really." But it was already too late, running down the small steps to wrap your arms around minjaes neck, pulling him into a hug.

His eyes widen, his cheeks turn red, and his arms slowly wrap around your waist, his heart almost bursting out of his chest. "I'm serious." You break the hug, your hands firm on his shoulders as his head drops down to look at you.

"Oh?"

"Mhm." You hug, your eyes darting to his eyes to cheek before grabbing his face and placing a quick kiss on his cheek. "Just wait tomorrow!!" You yell before running inside your house, minjaes face redder as his hand slowly touchs the spot where you kissed him. He giggles like a schoolgirl, pulling out his phone to tell his friends about his adventures.

I'm never washing my face again  
sent

596 words