Fourteen

⸻⸻

⸻⸻

[PENALTY QUEST: SURVIVAL]

[COMPLETED!]

"Fuc...king hell..." I mumbled out as I tried catching my breath. I was finally back in my room, being teleported back into it as the quest finally finished. My knees felt weak and I was a sweating mess. I couldn't fight whatever was chasing me, so I decided to run. And I ran.

'I haven't been this active since middle school.' I wiped my face in my shirt before stumbling to the wardrobe to grab a fresh pair of pajamas. I was not going to class smelling this badly.

It was about one in the morning when I headed back to sleep. Fortunately, my shower hadn't woken anybody up, so I didn't get questioned about where I've been. That would be kind of difficult to explain, since I don't really have anywhere to be.

I could've used being at a party as an excuse but come on now... really? Me? Invited to parties?

I shrugged off my thoughts and got back into bed. The sheets were so soft and warm. I had missed this.

'You win, System. I'll do your stupid training quests.' I did not want to go through all of that again. Especially because I was running in the dark.

The next morning, I woke up with my body aching. Every muscle was in pain and I felt as if I was about to get a leg cramp at anytime. I groaned, rolling out of bed, to get ready for yet another day of class.

My throat felt sore and my nose was stuffed, I had trouble breathing because of it. It felt as if my mind was a fuzzy mess and I couldn't think straight. Every time I blinked, my body was in a different place in my room.

I put on my clothes and walked out. I was starving.

"I'll... go to the bathroom later." I said outloud to nobody in particular as I made my way down the stairs. It was exceptionally cold today and my knees felt weak, so I grabbed onto the railing, hoping that I won't fall.

"Y/N! Are you alright?!" Is the first thing I heard when I walked into the kitchen. I lifted an eyebrow, confused.

"I know I didn't go freshen up first but do I really look that bad?" I frowned.

"No, honey... your clothes are a mess and you look even worse!" Mayu said, her face filled with worry as she quickly walked up to me and put her hand on top of my forehead.