Twenty-two

⸻⸻

⸻⸻

"Okay, that's it for today's class. There's only one week left until the final exams." Aizawa says after the school bell rings. He grabs the papers, that were in front of him, and piles them up in his hands. "You're all studying properly, right? I'm sure you already know, but it won't just be a written exam. There's also a practical component. Make sure you train your minds and bodies at the same time. That is all. Class dismissed."

"I haven't studied at all!" Both Mina and Kaminari yell at the same time, though both of them showed completely different emotions. Mina was relaxed and laughing, meanwhile Kaminari was absolutely stressed out. The pink skinned girl was most certainly laughing at his misery.

"With the sports festival and internship, I haven't studied at all!" Kaminari whines, tugging on his hair. He's going to end up bald if he kept doing that. I let out a sigh, that wasn't any of my business though. Personally, I haven't studied either. I mean, what adult would want to go through high school again just to study? Definitely not me. I wasn't planning on failing though, I had enough material to make cheat notes for myself.

If I learned one thing about U.A.'s teachers, it's that none of them cared enough to walk around class and search for cheaters. That is how I always ended up in the top 10s after we get our test results back. Sure, everyone here thinks I'm smart but that is a fabricated lie. I couldn't care less.

"-bara..? Kanbara!"

'Shit, that's me.' I blink twice as my eyes trail up to see who the person was, standing right in front of my desk. It belonged to a familiar shark-looking boy with red, spiky hair. Kirishima, the boy with a hardening quirk.

'Have we ever talked before? I can't remember.' My mind had been a complete mess, preoccupied by other things that had nothing to do with 1-A yet at the same time, they were the reason for my overthinking.

"What's up?" I ask, resting my head against my palm before looking at the clock. I still had some time left to converse with; before I had to start running to catch a bus back to my house. If I didn't, then that means... I'd have to walk back home. And walking was extremely dangerous for me right now. I did not want to risk meeting with Dabi again but even thinking about him made me feel as I was jinxing myself.

"You scored pretty high on the midterms, right?" He asks and scratches the back of his head, releasing a chuckle that had a hint of embarrassment behind it. I wasn't expecting something like that to be asked. How did he even know? I raise an eyebrow, nodding at his question.

"Um, so... could you help me with studying?"

If I could raise my eyebrows higher, I would've done that already.