Thirty

⸻⸻

⸻⸻

I woke up almost immediately after being released of Mr. Compress' quirk. Well, at least I thought I was. I couldn't remember anything that happened whilst trapped—I started forgetting a lot and it's been getting on my nerves. I had made a mental note to create a journal, where I could write about everything that's happened.

To keep track of my experiences, I made a mental note to create a journal. However, I couldn't risk writing down everything, especially not the fact that I had joined a hero school. So, I decided to use my phone's notes app for that purpose.

As I contemplated my memory loss and the need for a journal, a voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Rise and shine, it's time to wake up."

I was not expecting to wake up to the face of hell itself.

"We meet again." I replied with a sense of weary resignation, internally rolling my eyes. It was Dabi. It always seemed to be him, and his presence rarely bode well for me. I found myself bound to a chair, my arms and legs securely tied. Dabi, sitting on a bar stool in front of me, regarded me with his usual air of lethargy. Behind him, I could see the outline of a door, and beyond it, vague figures engaged in their own conversation. It was as if we were in our own isolated bubble. The situation was far from ideal.

"What's this about now, Dabi?" I asked, my voice tinged with irritation.

"I've got some questions for you." He said cryptically. Dabi leaned forward slightly, his eyes narrowing as he regarded me, "And I've got a feeling you've got some answers."

"What a lovely interview." I mumbled.

"Don't bother trying to escape, you'll be remaining quirkless for some time."

'What.' It wasn't a question. My mind raced with questions and concerns. How had he managed to nullify my quirk, and for how long would I be powerless? Had Overhaul finalized his project already? There's no way that was the case—everything seemed to be moving much quicker than I had originally thought.

Dabi's gaze bore into mine, and for a moment, I considered my options. There was no escaping this situation, and if I wanted to get through it, I'd have to play along.

"Wasn't planning on it. What are your questions?"

"What's your name?" He asked and I blinked, confused. I tried to settle into a more comfortable position, slightly squirming within the constraints of the ropes that bound me. The ropes dug into my wrists and ankles, leaving an unpleasant sensation.

"My name? Kanbara Y/N." I replied, taken aback by the simplicity of his question. It struck me as odd that he would want to know my name when he had already called me by it earlier. It raised suspicions about his true intentions.