Seventeen

⸻⸻

⸻⸻

My eyes locked onto Iida's figure as he walked up the stairs onto the giant fighting grounds. I took a deep breath. It was going to go my way. Definitely.

'I've got this.' I looked down behind me, glancing at the red line that I was only a step away from. I could only pray that everything would go correctly.

"Begin!!"

Immediately, I pushed down on the little device, with a button on it, to activate the powers of the shoes I was wearing. I felt a slight bump as they dug into the ground.

During activation, I would be unable to move, is what Yaoyorozu told me.

On the other side, Iida activated his quirk as soon as the battle started and ran at me. He had used Recipro Burst, an ultimate move of his. This was what I had been hoping for. The match started exactly like the one he had against Shiozaki, by thinking that he could finish it as fast as it started.

However, the shoes saved me. It took him eight seconds to ran up to me and two seconds for him to realize that his plan failed him.

He grabbed me, thinking that I'd move, but nothing happened. I was stuck in place.

And it was now my chance to fight properly. I pushed the button again, deactivating the shoes, and dropped the device into a tiny portal.

I had to be quick. His engine stalled only for a matter of seconds.

I twisted my body, punching his stomach to push him away from me. He stumbled backwards. Sweat built up at the back of my neck as I opened another portal and pulled the rope out.

[Item information]

[Magic Rope]
[The user is able to use the rope to catch anything they want. The pray is unable to escape it as it will catch anything 100%, however, it does not hold for long. If the pray is alive and strong, it will break quickly.]

I spun it around, gaining momentum before throwing it at Iida. It grabbed onto him in a split second and I started pulling him towards me, using my quirk to make it easier. He struggled to free himself as his feet got closer towards the red line.

'I'm gonna do it!! Holy shit!' My heart was beating fast and loud. Just one more pull. With all my strength, I twisted my body in a circle, and he spun alongside me, like a kite.

"Tenya Iida is out of bounds!" Midnight announced and I felt relief wash over my body. That was stressful.

I took in a deep breath before exhaling. I was so glad that I didn't have to fight him when he was able to use his quirk. That would've been a trainwreck for me.