Thirty-Five

Attached image is Ren's official design <3

⸻⸻

"Well then, let's do that provisional license thing..." A tired voice was heard echoing through the speakers, which were all spread all through the building. It belonged to the announcer of today's event.

'Crap, I'm gonna be late!' I gritted my teeth and fastened my pace, walking down the hallway, towards where everyone had gathered. I might've been slightly zoning out beforehand. Although I should've known that Shindo wouldn't have remembered me, I still hoped that he did—because Ren could.

And now, I was worried about what that could mean.

"I'm Mera from the Heroes Public Safety Commission. The kind of sleep I like is non-REM sleep... Nice to meet you. I've been so busy that I haven't gotten much sleep..." Mera, a man that was about to fall asleep at the podium, spoke through the microphone that stood in front of him.

"We're too short-staffed... I'm so sleepy! With that conviction, I will give you the orientation." He grabbed his face with his hand, trying to wake up. He rubbed his forehead, probably trying to ease a headache due to the lack of sleep and buildup of stress.

"About the content of the provisional license thing..."

'He's just rambling at this point. I already know what's gonna happen, I made sure to read through the story over and over.' I thought to myself, crossing my arms. There were more important things that I should be focusing on.

'Okay, okay... Back to the main point. Ren... where is he supposed to be now? What high school does he go to again?' I furrowed my eyebrows, trying to think back on our interactions. The last time we talked, I remembered him saying how he had to do exams with his quirk.

'He has to be at a hero school, then. Right?' Would that mean that he'd be here? There was only one way to find out.

'He was older than me. Had he already passed this? Maybe.'

Well, two ways. I could try and find him or send him a message—but if he was here, would he even see it?

'I doubt it.'

"The first hundred to fulfill the requirements will pass." Mera said, and the students tensed up.

"There are a total of 1,540 people taking the exam!" Yaoyorozu mumbled besides me. I glanced at her and she seemed anxious. I wasn't sure of what to say. She was going to pass this—although it will be a bit difficult.

'I shouldn't get involved with her today.' I thought to myself, turning away from her and trying to blend into the crowd. She shouldn't notice me this way.

"Didn't they say half would pass...?" She gritted her teeth and turned to, what I assumed to be, Jirou. Yeah, they had this. They were smart and worked great together.

"The examinee will put three of these targets on his or her body." Mera grabbed the said targets out of a box, which were white circular sensors, that would stick to your body.

"They can go anywhere as long as it's an exposed area. You can't put them on the soles of your feet or in your armpits." He explained as a giant screen appeared in front of us, explaining us the rules in more detail. I didn't have to worry about this, though. I could always shield them if I had to.

But, I already had a plan in mind and it was only a matter of time until I found the person in this giant crowd.

"You will also have six of these balls." Mera continued.