Sixteen

⸻⸻

⸻⸻

After the recreations were over, which I didn't join for a couple of reasons, it was finally time for the biggest event of the festival that everyone was excitedly waiting for in their seats.

However, most of the competitors were feeling nervous. Myself included. So many people will see me and I felt like vomiting because of it. I was not a fan of being in the spotlight at all.

"Hey, everyone! Are you ready?!" Present Mic hyped up the audience, getting a loud cheer back from them. After the professional hero, known as Cementoss, finished laying the ground, it was time.

The first two students who were going up against one another were Midoriya and Shinsou. Ojiro had already warned Midoriya about Shinsou's quirk, so there wasn't really much that I needed to do. Everybody loudly cheered as Present Mic introduced them while they walked up onto the fighting grounds.

The main point of the fight was to get the opponent outside of the red line. Knocking them out unconscious would result in a win for you as well, though. And if they called quits, that's also a win for you.

Shinsou had managed to get Midoriya to answer him before he told the green haired boy to walk out of bounds. Everyone was shocked at this but surprise, surprise... Midoriya managed to use his quirk, and with the power of "friendship" that was inside One for All, he snapped out of it.

More excitement from the audience.

They had a fist fight which Shinsou definitely was not expecting to happen, so he lost. And then it was over. The next fight was between Sero and Todoroki.

Poor Sero. Frozen in a giant mass of ice. Instant win for Todoroki.

I was walking down the hallway and could literally hear the ice growing from his anger. It was wild. I would never want to piss him off because the image of ice being stuck to my skin without anyone being able to take it off was just...

Shivers..

It took Todoroki and Cementoss a while to finish both unfreezing and fixing the ground. So, I had a couple of minutes for myself. Which was not good. It allowed me to think more, and that meant that I had to keep thinking about the audience.

'Thank you mother, for making me like this.' I frowned. Did my past trauma really have to follow me into this life? That sucked ass.

"Everybody! Sorry for the long wait!" Present Mic apologized before continuing, "The stage is finally done drying up! So, let's go on to the next match. Sparkling Killing Boy, from the hero course! It's Kaminari Denki! Versus... a classmate of his who's portal power is full of surprises, Kanbara Y/N!"