Grian's First Day

A/N: Sarting off with some Grian angst of course, with a little fluff near the end

TW: Flashbacks, break down

3rd Person POV

Grian steps through the portal finding himself back in the overworld only he wasn't in EVO. Anxiety rises inside of Grian as he glances around, noticing his once multicolored wings were now purple.

"Oh gosh oh gosh oh gosh, that's not good."

The small boy jumps as voices grow closer, starting to panic more. His wings fold behind his back as his eyes dart around the forest, looking for a place to hide.

"I'm telling you I saw it land here!"

"Scar, it was probably someone's beacon."

"No one comes out here!"

"Scar you're-" 

The two hermits stop in their tracks, both staring at Grian who watches the two carefully, trying to decide the best next thing to do. The shorter's eyes land on the hermit dressed in all black.

"M-Mumbo?"

"Grian?"

"Mumbo!"

"Grian!"

Grian hugs the taller tightly, trying to push the tears away.

"You're as cold as ice, are you ok? What happened to your wings? Where were you? How did you get here?"

"I-is it safe?"

"Yes, you're safe, you're ok here." He looks over at Scar, "Go get X and bring him to my place."

"On it!" He takes off, leaving the two alone.

"Let's go back to my place, ok? We can get you all cleaned up then."

Grian nods, following the mustached man back to his base where Scar and Xisuma were waiting for them. The shorter grabs Mumbo's arm, holding on tightly and trying to hide behind him.

"Hey, its ok, they won't hurt you, ok?"

"Are they going to send me back?"

"No, I won't let them do that."

"Promise?"

"Promise, you're safe here G."

"Mumbo, is everything ok? Scar said to meet you here."

"We need to talk but first I need to make sure Grian is ok."

"Grian?" X looks behind Mumbo, noticing the boy, "Oh, hello there."

"H-hi..."

"Awww he's so cute!"

"Scar, leave the boy alone."

"I'm not doing anything!"

"You're crowding him."

Scar huffs, crossing his arms, "I am not."

Mumbo shakes his head fondly at the two, leading Grian inside and having him sit in the living room.

"I'll be right back ok? Just two seconds."

He nods and Mumbo walks into the other room, coming back with a first aid kit.

"Are you hurt anywhere?"

He nods.

"Can I see?"

He glances at the other two who are in the doorway before shaking his head no.