I'm Sorry Scar

3rd Person POV

"Scar I'm sure he didn't mean anything by it."

"He's never snapped at me Grian. I know I was pushy but..." Scar sighs running a hand through his hair, "I should have kept my big mouth shut."

"It seems like Cub is just trying to protect you."

"I'm not a child anymore."

Grian gives him a look and Scar rolls his eyes.

"Just because I have fun doesn't mean I'm a child."

"No, just the way you act and the messes you create."

"You're one to talk."

"I never said I wasn't a child."

"...I really messed up Grian."

"No, you didn't," The parrot sits next to the taller, "You've been feeding off of me since last season and nothing bad has happened."

"You don't understand."

"Then help me understand." He takes Scar's hand in his own.

"Vex are hated, it's common knowledge but where Cub and I grew up it was peaceful. There was a time where we did feed off of players, but some people found out and weren't happy.... They burnt down our village killing anyone they saw. Cub and I are the only ones left and he made me agree we'd never feed off people again or tell anyone what we are.... He's like a brother to me and I broke both promises in one day. I messed up so bad Grian."

"Scar it's not your fault instincts took over."

"I should be able to control them."

"You've repressed them so long Scar, it was only a matter of time before you snapped."

"I could've hurt someone."

"You didn't, I was there."

"I could've hurt you."

"And I told you, I have a high pain tolerance."

"It doesn't matter Grian."

"Scar," The parrot makes the vex look at him, "I offered, if it hurt or bothered me, I wouldn't let you feed off of me."

Scar squeezes the shorter's hand, "Cubs going to kill me when he finds out I've been feeding off you since last season."

"I'll deal with Cub."

"What are you going to do shorty?"

His eyes glow purple, "Careful or you might find a surprise in the Swagon."

"You wouldn't dare."

"Try me."

"Calm down birdie, I rather not end up in the Boatem Hole again."

"You'd end up dead on your own account, not because of me."

"Third Life says otherwise."

"If I put your bed over the Boatem Hole I wonder how quick you would die and end up in the void, trapped in a spawn trap."

"Grian birdie, let's not be rash here."

"Hmmm or maybe over lava, either way would be fun."

"Grian come on."

The shorter smiles, leaning against Scar, the two falling into a comfortable silence.

"I should've guessed you were feeding off of Grian, considering the death messages around feeding time."

"Cub..."

"Look Scar, I'm sorry for freaking out at you."

"Its fine."

"Its not fine Scar, its-" Cub sighs, rubbing his arm, "I'm sorry."

"I'm going to go clean up, come fine me when you two are done talking."

"You don't have to go birdie."

"I think its best I give you two privacy."

The parrot quickly kisses him before leaving. Cub sits next to Scar, giving the younger a bit of space.

"You haven't used formalities since you were a kid."

"I'm supposed to use them all the time."

"You're my brother, you don't have to use them ever."

"Not biologically."

Cub grabs his hand, "We're family, I told you that when you were a kid and I'll say it now, you're my brother and I'm yours."

"I'm sorry for breaking my promise...I didn't mean to start using Grian as a food source."

"...When did it start?"

"The start of last season...he found me when I was hiding, you hadn't made the potions yet."

Scar winces at the look on Cub's face, looking away from the other Vex.

"It has to stop."

"What?" The brunette sits up, looking at the older.

"It needs to stop Scar, its too dangerous. Someone could find out or Grian could get hurt-"

"You think I'd hurt Grian..."

"Not on purpose but it could still happen."

"It won't."

"Scar."

"No! I'm not a child Cub." He stands, facing the Vex, "Grian and I have a deal, no one will find out and no one will get hurt."

"This isn't up for discussion Scar, its too risky."

"You don't get a say Cub."

"You're going to put yourself- put Grian at risk like this?"

"Nothing will go wrong."

"How do you know?"

"How do you know!?" Scar's eyes flash red, staying the blood like color.

"Because I've been through it before Scar!"

The two stare at each other, the air tense with anger, hurt, and guilt.

"They didn't just kill Vex that day Scar. They killed the humans too."

"I know that, I was there."

"You didn't lose your best friend Scar."

"Are you serious?" The scars on his face and arms turn red, "I lost my friends and family! Did you forget that!?"

"So did I! My best friend, a human, was killed because I was feeding off of them! Do you have any idea what thats like!? To watch your best friend die in your arms!"

"YES! MY MOM WAS A HUMAN!" 

Cub looks at Scar in shock, surprised by the outburst.

"You think I haven't thought about that? What might happen to Grian if anyone found out....I'd throw myself in the Boatem Hole before I let anything happen to him."

"Scar-"

"Don't." Venom drips from his voice, "Its not your decision to make Cub, its mine and Grian's. We've got it figured out."

Scar walks away before Cub can say anything, leaving the other Vex standing there.

"Cub...I think we need to talk."

He turns around, "Xisuma..."

"Come on, lets go to my place."

With a sigh Cub follows the admin, anxiety rising with every step.