Back From Last Life

TW: Mentions of death and abandonment 

3rd Person POV

Etho wakes up, sighing in annoyance, "I can kill a wither but then die to Joel, really!"

He gets up and walks outside, finding Bdubs sitting on the edge of the mountain.

"Bdubs? You ok buddy?"

He looks over, jumping to his feet and hugging Etho.

"You're back!"

"I'm back, are you ok? What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to wait for you."

"You don't have to do that, you aren't hurt or anything, are you?"

"No, no I'm fine..."

"Bdubs? Bubbles what's wrong?"

"....You left me."

"What? When?"

He takes a step away from Etho, "When I turned red the first thing you did was leave. I helped you kill the wither and when I respawned you were gone."

"Bdubs-"

"The others were right, weren't they? You found someone better and didn't need to stick around anymore."

"No, Bubbles that's not true."

"That's what just happened Etho! Don't tell me its not true when the moment I wake up as a red name you're gone.....that's going to happen here, isn't it? Once someone better comes along you're going to leave."

Etho pulls him into a hug, holding the shorter close.

"No, I'm sorry Bdubs, I'm so so so sorry. I shouldn't have left you, I shouldn't have gone with them and left you with the other reds. I didn't think they'd say stuff like that...Bubbles I'm so sorry but I'm not going to leave you, I promise that, I'm not going anywhere."

"Why didn't you just give me a life then?"

"I was so busy trying to get away from the other red life's, I didn't even think about that."

"I don't want to lose you Etho..."

"You won't, I'm not going anywhere."

"How do I know that's true?"

"Other then the fact we've been friends for years then how about this." Etho pulls his mask down, kissing Bdubs, "I'm not going anywhere, I promise."

"Good, I don't want you to go anywhere." He wraps his arms around Etho.

"Can I take you shopping to make you feel better?"

"I already feel better but if you want to take me shopping."

"Let me grab my stuff, ok?"

"Ok."

Etho goes inside to grab his stuff and Bdubs smiles, everything was going to be ok. Etho wasn't going anywhere, he wasn't going to lose him.

"Are you sure he can take us to Xelqua?"

"Positive, trust me, this isn't over. Xelqua will regret everything he's done and this Listener is going to help us."

"And what about the boy? The Queen won't like it if you hurt her son."

"No harm will come to the prince."

"If you hurt the Listener you hurt the prince."

"I don't need to touch the Listener, just get into his head some more."

"Xelqua will kill you if he finds out."

"Who's side are you on."

"I take orders from the Queen and Head Watcher. One is the mother of that boy and the other is his protector who you're trying to kill."

"Just help me locate Xelqua."

The two Watchers disappear just before Bdubs looks over in their direction, tilting his head to the side in confusion. He could've sworn he heard voices...must be other players near by.