Clash of Knights

TW: Welsknight angst, HelsKnight angst, abuse, alcohol, betrayal

3rd Person POV

"WELS!"

"Right here, father."

Seeing the hand raised Wels closes his eyes, waiting for the blow that never comes. Confused, he cracks his eyes open, seeing his brother in front of him

"Hels...what are you doing?"

"What does it look like?"

"Why you little brat, get out of my way!"

"With all due respect, Father, you are clearly drunk, and I will not let you take your anger out on Wels."

"Hels, please-"

The slightly older puts his hand up, silencing his twin.

Wels flinches as Hels is hit, the boy not even reacting to the blow.

"Ungrateful, pathetic mistake, you had no right to come in here and get in my way!"

"Wels and I may be twins and he may be the heir the people want but he is still my little brother and therefore my responsibility and I will not let him fall victim to your abuse any longer."

"And what are you, a child, going to do about it?"

Hels looks at the grandfather clock boredly, "If my calculations are correct, you should be passing out from the alcohol in about three...two...one."

And sure enough, the king collapses into his throne, passed out hard from the many bottles of alcohol consumed that day.

"Hels, are you crazy!? You could've gotten seriously hurt. He's going to kill you when he wakes up!"

The boy turns to Wels, making sure he isn't hurt, "You aren't hurt, are you?"

"No, I'm fine, Hels, but you aren't." He studies the red handprint slowly fade, giving way to a small bruise.

"Dont worry about me. Come on, the portal won't stay open much longer."

"Portal? Where are we going?"

"Somewhere safe and away from him."

"But Hels-"

"Unless you want to stay here with him?"

He trails after the brunette, "No, of course not, but what about our people?"

"They'll be fine, I've given the kingdom to someone else."

"Who?"

"Herobrine."

"You've gone mad!"

"The kingdom will be in better hands with him and his heirs than it will with our father on the throne."

"Where will we go then?"

Hels hands him a small bag, lighting the Nether portal, "The Overworld."

"Is it safe?"

"Yes."

"And you'll stay with me?"

"Forever."

"Promise?" Wels holds his pointer finger out.

With a smile, Hels hooks his finger with Wels', "Promise."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wels turns away from Hels, forcing the tears in his eyes to vanish.

"Wels?! Don't do this! What happened to forever!?"

"...Do it, Xisuma."

Hels looks at his brother in disbelief, the floor beneath him, and EX glowing.

"Father was right! I hate you, Welsknight!"

Wels closes his eyes, refusing to even look at Hels as he's banned from the server.

"...Wels?"

"Is it done?"

"Yes..."

"Im going home now...or at least to what's left of it. Need to get ready for the jump to next season..."

"Wels...do you want to talk about it?"

"No, good night, Xisuma."

He leaves before the tears start falling, feeling empty without his other half.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"...Hels?"

The slightly taller glares at his twin, crossing his arms, "Welsknight."

"What are you doing here? How are you here?"

"Your friend," He side eyes Grian, "Is making EX and I talk to our so-called brothers."

Wels looks at Grian, who nods encouragingly, "Tell him what you told me Wels."

"...Hels I-"

He puts his hand up to stop him, "No, no, let me go first, I am older after all."

"By two minutes."

"Still older, Wels," He sighs, "No matter what I've said or done, one thing could never change."

"Really?"

"Really, I'll always," Hels walks closer, "Always hate you, Welsknight."

The younger's heart sinks, taking a small step back, "H-Hels-"

"Oh no, I'm not done. You betrayed me, stabbed me right in the back after I saved your life, and made sure you would be ok here in the Overworld, and what do you do? You get rid of me the first chance you get. Father was right about one thing: you, Welsknight, are a pathetic coward. That is something that will never change."

"That's how you really feel?"

"Yep."

Wels takes his helmet off, staring at the shiny silver metal, "Then I dont want to be a Knight anymore." He shoves the helmet into Hels' hands, "The apple doesn't seem to fall far from the tree, does it, brother? Mother was right, too. You look just like father. And now I dont have a family or a place to call home because of you." He walks away from both Hels and Grian.

"Wels wait!" Grian goes after the boy leaving Hels speechless.