A Walk

3rd Person POV

Ren lands on top of Mount GOATmore, looking around for Doc which he finds at one of the creeper hybrid's farms.

"Hey Doc, I got your note."

"Ren, come in come in."

"What's up?" A smile tugs at his lips.

"I just wanted to see you, haven't seen you in awhile and when I came to see you earlier you were sleeping with Grian."

"Well I'm here now." He sits on top of the chest.

"Do you want to go on a walk?"

His tail does a small happy wag, "I would love that."

"Shall we go see what Mayor Scar has done to the shopping district then?"

"Why not, Bdubs keeps saying its amazing."

"Yeah well Bdubs was also his campaign manager."

"That is true."

Ren hops off the chest and the two head toward the shopping district, walking around the area.

"You know I thought his plan was to get rid of the mycelium."

"It was but this looks like the opposite my dude."

"The paths are lovely though and the trees, Scar has always been good at landscaping."

"He has, its looking nice, of course Stress would've been a great mayor."

"What about me?"

"You weren't here but yes, you would've been a terrific mayor Doc."

"You would've too, if you ran of course."

"Thank you but I don't need to be mayor, I'd rather focus on my base then the shopping district."

"Fair, you know Bdubs was saying all the mycelium was gone, why do you think its back?"

"Not a clue man." He looks around at the wonderful purple block he helped Mother Spore and the others place.

"Oh really?"

"Really."

"You know there's a rumor going around that there's a resistance to removing the mycelium. Have you heard about it yet?"

"Nope, I try not to keep up with the gossip."

"We both know that's a lie. I think you know something about it."

"Why would I get involved in a resistance?"

"I didn't say you were involved, I said you know something."

"Well I don't."

Doc grabs his hand, pulling Ren closer and tilting his head up.

"Are you working with Mother Spore Ren?"

"N-no."

"Really now?" The creeper reaches up, petting the shorter's ears, "Not even a little bit?"

"N-no, why would I d-do that?" His ears twitch, trying his hardest to resist the urge to lean into the touch.

Doc pulls him closer, "Come on Ren, be a good boy and tell me the truth."

His knees go weak as his instincts take over, leaning into Doc's hand, "F-fine, I'm helping Mother Spore spread the mycelium."

"Good boy, that wasn't so hard was it?"

"You u-used my weaknesses."

"But you look so cute like this."

Ren pulls away from the hand on his head, crossing his arms and trying to shake the fog out of his head, "You know my ears are sensitive."

"Yes I do and its nice to see you relax."

"You better hope no one saw that."

"Awww embarrassed Ren?"

"Shut up." He starts walking away from Doc.

"Ren, come on now, you can't be mad at me all day."

"I think I can."

Doc trails after the shorter, trying to get him to smile and laugh which works before they even leave the shopping district.