Enough Scar!

TW: Convex duo angst :[

3rd Person POV

Scar walks into Cubs base, finding the vex in the lab.

"Hey Cub."

"Scar, hey, I have your potions here."

"Potions? For what?"

"It's almost feeding time, you have been taking your potions right?"

"Oh those potions! Yes of course I have."

"Ok well these should last you for the next few months."

"Thanks Cub." He takes the bottles from the older, putting them in his inventory.

"No problem, you kind of need them."

"Yeah...say I know we don't do this and that we can't but what if we did feed off of players."

"We can't Scar."

"I know I know but what if we did."

"We'd have to kill someone for that."

"They'd respawn."

"That's not the point and you know it Scar."

"It was just a question."

"I know, I'm sorry."

"I just don't get why you keep drinking these disgusting potions when we could just use a player."

"....Scar, you've been taking the potions, right? You aren't feeding off of anyone."

"Of course I'm taking my potions, my...disgusting terrible potions."

"They aren't that bad."

"They are and you know it."

"Whatever you say." He starts cleaning up.

"...No one would think we're monsters, you know that right?"

"We can't risk that."

"They're our friends Cub, Xisuma let's a Listener and a Watcher stay why wouldn't he let us?"

"Listeners are good and Grian is a runaway Watcher, neither one of them feed off of players."

"You really think Xisuma would kick us out because of something we can't control?"

"I rather not find out."

"Cub we aren't monsters, they're our friends and this is our home."

"Have you seen what they do to vex Scar?"

"Yes, of course I have, but Tango was talking about using them in Decked Out Two next season and-"

"And what will happen to those vex Scar? They'll get killed. You really want to end up like that? Killed because of what you are. You remember how you got those scars don't you? How you lost your wings."

Scar tenses, the reminder of the past piercing his heart, "Of course I do! But Cub, I bet if we just found one person who would understand we wouldn't have to do this anymore."

"Scar."

"I could talk to Grian, and I bet he'd let me feed off of him-"

"Enough Scar!" Cub slams the shulker close, eyes and wings glowing a soft red.

The taller deflates, looking down at the ground, "Yes sir...."

"Wha-" He turns around to face him, "Scar- I- you're not supposed-"

"It's fine, if you'll excuse me, I was going to take Grian out....I'll see you later sir."

"Scar..."

The Hermit leaves and Cub sits next to the brewing stand, rubbing his face in frustration and regret.

You whisper to Grian: Has Scar been feeding off of you?

Grian whispers to you: Yes, why?

You whisper to Grian: Just wondering.

"Great, just great."