𝟏. 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋𝐒 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

➤ chapter one

➤ chapter one.

𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐔𝐏 𝐈𝐍 𝐀 𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 Mystic Falls where nothing bad ever happens would probably make just about anyone feel safe, one might even go as far as to say it was a joy to live there. However the town - Mystic Falls, with a name like that it seemed only natural -or supernatural- for it to live up to its name, with vampires, witches and doppelgängers lurking the foggy streets. Now, let's not forgot about the girl who saw the dead, like the actual buried corpses of people who'd you know, been offed. But we'll get into that later. If Cordelia was being honest, she secretly loved living in Mystic Falls. It was fun and it was exciting that was all she really wanted in life.

Cordelia wasn't one for the big picture. She only cared about what happened in that moment, not something that would happen in a year or even a week. Maybe that's what her friends liked about her and why they kept her around even when she'd ramble and rant for no reason, she was fun. She was an escape from their horrible and terrifying reality that story's about creatures that went bump in the night, were real and some were friends and others were foes.

With all these thoughts spinning in Cordelia's head she had yet to notice where she had aimlessly stumbled into. Which happened to be the boarding houses living area where Bonnie, Alaric, Stefan, Jeremy, Damon and Caroline were all closely gathered around the dining table, sharing hushed whispers between one another. Like some cult, joking.

Stefan, who happened to be the first to notice his niece, soon bore a warm smile, until he noticed the out of it look that covered Cordelia's face. His warm features twisted into one full of concern. "Cord, you alright?" Stefan questioned, eyebrows drawn together. Though the volume of his voice seemed to be loud enough to break Cordelia out from her rather depressing thoughts.

She shook her head as if to shake away all her previous thoughts, she was the comedic relief. She was what brought them that little break from all the hell that was their lives. She needed to start acting it. "Yeah, I'm good, uncle Steven" Cordilia responded with a small grin.

Stefan shook his head rolling his eyes as if to express his hatred for the nickname, although his face had betrayed him as a smile broke onto his usual stoic features. Cordy had always been creative with her nicknames and Stefan seemed to be the victim to most, his name and well, him as a whole being just so easy to be creative. Plus as she had expressed many times, the name Stefan was a little basic and so boring. So, she went with a more creative and unique name. A name she'd never met anyone with, Steven.

Cordelia's eyes danced over the table packed with various different things, wooden stakes. She walked closer for a better look. As she made her way over she exclaimed, "so, what're yous up to then, mhm?"Picking up the wooden stake and pretending to stab Stefan, who quickly snatched the stake from her. He quite liked being a dead-living person and didn't particularly want his niece to accidentally stab him. Cordelia tried to steal it back from him but alas, Stefan just wouldn't budge.