𝟏𝟎. 𝐏𝐔𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀 𝐉𝐄𝐒𝐔𝐒

➤ chapter ten

➤ chapter ten.

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐆𝐎 𝐁𝐔𝐌𝐏 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 weren't anything new for Cordelia. Her whole life she'd known about the deep dark secrets of the world. Cordelia, herself was even part of that world. So, it was no surprise she'd became a little fucked in the head. She'd been taught how to slay the monsters of the night at the age of six, she'd even done it before. Cordelia hadn't felt a single ounce of guilt. What she had done only hours ago, that was different. Her whole body seeped with guilt. Her bones ached, her heart rotted and most of all she knew just how the others would react, her real friends. Her real family. She knew if her father were still here, he'd be disappointed. She betrayed everyone she loved, just to get even with a vampire, a vampire her family had a rotten feud with. 

Although her meal with Vivi and Theo had taken her mind off things. When she'd arrived home later that evening and was met with a rather distressed Damon and her best friend no where to be found, she knew something had happened. Something she'd caused. Cordelia found Damon in the living room, nursing a glass of bourbon. His dark features seeping perpendicular, "hes not here, Cordy" Damon drawled, his eyes facing the fire place. "Katherine's done it again. She's fucking done it again" he mumbled, before turning to look at a concerned Cordelia.

"What happened?" Cordelia questioned with a gulp, meaning the words more seriously than they sounded. Her eyebrows drew together, she moved from the opening and sat on the edge of the couch, Damon soon joining her.

"Where do I begin? Firstly, Eljiahs not dead. Which I'm sure you'll be pleased about. You can go back to staring at him. Oh, secondly, Katherine nearly killed Jeremy" at that Cordelia gasped, she'd been responsible for Jeremy nearly dying. Damon on the other hand, thought she'd just been shocked at Jeremys near death experience, quickly continued to explain. "I had to go stop Elenas suicide mission, so I couldn't help Stefan. Jeremy took it upon himself to go and get himself killed too" the man ranted, each word being spoke with more rage then the last.

Damon got up from his previous place on the couch and began to pace in front of the fire place. Cordelia's eyes following his every move."Now, let's not forget. Stefan tried to be the hero and is now stuck with Katherine until I can find a way to get him out".

"Stefs trapped with Katherine?" Cordelia repeated, horrified. Her heart feeling as if had just fallen from her chest. She was full of guilt, the guilt was eating away at her.

Damon turned his focus on her. When their eyes met, Cordelia could see the angry and pain swirling around in them. That was all she could focus on. The pain she'd caused. "Yes, Cordy. He's trapped with Katherine in the tomb" he muttered with a sigh. He soon sat back down on his previous place on the couch, next to Cordelia. His hands ran down his face, "I'm sorry, Cordy" his voice so quite, she nearly missed it. The Salvatore man stared down at his hands. He was full of shame, he left his baby brother for a girl. A near perfect girl, but a girl nonetheless.