𝟐. 𝐌𝐀𝐒𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐃𝐄

➤ chapter two

➤ chapter two.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐂𝐊𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄 had always been grand and elegant, tonight was no exception. The house was decorated with golden glittery bows and masks that belonged to everyone in town. The chatter and atmosphere could awaken a new side in anyone with the constant staring at others; trying to see if they were friends or foe with the way everyone seemed to become a different person. Maybe, you could blame that on all the alcohol they'd consumed.

People were everywhere, no matter where you went or looked there was someone there. Dancers swede with fiery sticks almost teasing the fire to try and pitch them. Others gathered in their social groups whereas some mingled with people they'd never met. They could be anyone they wanted that night. The glittery masks offered silent promises to keep their identities hidden.

Cordelia had always loved dressing up. Her and Caroline were similar in that way. She loved the feeling of excitement that bubbled up in the pit of her stomach and the way she could invite her friends over to get ready together, doing such simply things like each others makeup and joking around. Maybe that was Cordelia's favourite part, the getting ready.

Cordelia and Caroline strutted their way into the grand manor, arms linked with each other . Fashionably late as always. They'd gotten ready together and Cordelia happened to make them late by having a melt down about her dress, she'd decided she hated it on her but there was nothing they could do about it as the ball would've began in sixteen minutes. However, Caroline being the saviour that she was, offered to swap dresses and after a little convincing Cordelia had agreed too. Caroline had been freaked about being late ten minutes before the ball had even started. So when they arrived thirteen minutes after, they had given both given each other headaches.

Cordelia turned to Caroline, "see I told you we'd be fine. We're fashionable late" she said with a smirk. A smirk that Caroline didn't return.

Caroline rolled her eyes, "well, we could've been fashionable on time" she said with a pointed look.

An innocent smile was sent Carolines way, "I'm sorry Carebear, you're the bestest best friend ever. I'd die if I didn't have you, my beautiful saviour" Cordelia teased.

An albow was stabbed into Cordeilias side "shut up you. And I did just save you from a fashion disaster so".

"And I shall forever love you for it" Cordelia said with a cheshire cat like grin. "Now excuse me miss Carebear, I'm going to go make a scene. See you later alligator" She said with blow of a kiss. To which Caroline winked back.

Cordelia couldn't imagine her life without Caroline. Every time she thought of her future, Caroline was there. No matter how many times they'd argue about petty things when they were five and older, one of them would eventually cave and they'd act like nothing had happened. Caroline was Cordelia's constant. The more she thought about it, Cordelia could imagine Caroline being her soulmate, they always knew what the other was thinking, how they were feeling and they loved the same things. That was a nice thought, a thought both of them shared.