𝟐𝟏. 𝐖𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐄 𝐎𝐍 𝐃𝐑𝐔𝐆𝐒?

➤chapter twenty one

➤chapter twenty one.

𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐀 𝐒𝐀𝐋𝐕𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐍,𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐈𝐃 𝐓𝐘𝐏𝐄. Even with everything that went bump in the night, she'd still been able to sleep peacefully at night. However, now, now everything seemed different. The smallest little sound of whispering caused Cordelias head to snap to the culprits, so paranoid that they were going to try something. The joys of being kidnapped twelve times a month, eh.

It wasn't just that though, after over hearing those little mutts talking about bringing her to someone. Cordelia felt as if she had a massive cross on her back, or a sign saying 'kidnap me, I get that a lot'. It was a horrid feeling, like walking on eggshells everywhere you went. Even going to the school toilets alone caused Cordelia to have an abnormal amount of anxiety, always checking behind her shoulders to make sure no one was following her. Just waiting for someone to pop out.

That was what she didn't tell her friends nor show them, she didn't want them to worry. Even though Cordelia Salvatore was slowly falling apart, piece by piece, and it all started long before he showed up.

"Cordy!" Elena hissed, pushing her body against the desk to hit Cordelia on the shoulder, an attempt to pull her out of her daze.

"Get off of me!" She yelled, still in a daze. Nearly jumping out of her skin in fright, Cordelia's head whipped around. Eyes wide, she soon met Elena's concerned face, watching as the girl jumped back. Seeing that it was her friend, and not a psychopath coming to get her, her tense figure soon relaxed.  

Almost instantly Stefan's head snapped to his niece, however he didn't say anything. He knew she'd hate his mithering, as she liked to call it. But, his eyes stayed trained on her, just making sure she was okay-ish. Though, he made a note of it, keeping it for later when the two were alone to bring it up.

The volume of her voice had caused a few eyes to snap towards Cordelia and her sudden outburst. Embarrassment washed over her like a wave, though instead of falling down a hole like she wanted to. Cordelia instead turned her attention to the judgmental gaze her classmates gave her. "Wanna take a picture? It might last longer" She hissed, sharply towards them instantly. They soon tucked their heads down at the red hot gaze of the Salvatore, turning back to whatever they were doing before. Sending them one last glare, Cordelia soon turned back to Elena.

"Oh, sorry, Lena. World of my own" she laughed tightly, as if she hadn't just verbal abused her classmates just a second ago. Her usual sweet smile flying back onto her features. It was fake, a smile that was too tight and didn't quite reach her eyes, but that didn't matter. Fake it til' you make it, right?