𝟐𝟎. 𝐒𝐀𝐅𝐀𝐑𝐈 𝐒𝐀𝐌

➤chapter twenty

➤chapter twenty.

𝐑𝐈𝐂'𝐒 𝐀𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐒𝐏𝐎𝐓𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐁𝐘 𝐀𝐍𝐘 𝐌𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐒, it was more of an organised mess. Sure, if you stepped inside it, you might think 'hey maybe it's time for some spring cleaning', but he knew where everything was, so he hadn't bothered to change it. And much like his apartment, Ric wasn't too concerned about his appearance. He'd usually just throw on a shirt, never bothering to even spare the others a glance. However, today was different. He was different. A new man if you will.

Because apart from his usual shaggy and dishevelled appearance, this man wasn't Ric. He was more, Klairc. Pulling clothes out from the closet in front of him, he groaned. "Who is this guy, safari Sam?" He grunted, disgustedly. His eyes narrowing at the mere sight of the variety's of the same chequered shirts.

Pulling out the two least ugliest shirts he could find, Klaus turned around. His gaze landing on Katherine, who was forced to sit and watch his awful fashion show. Looking toward the woman, "okay, bad or badder?" He questioned, holding both shirts up against him.

"The dark colours suit you better" Katherine breathed out, her words just as tense as her posture. Her trembling hands falling onto her leg, an attempt to hide her obvious fear. Fear is a weakness.

"Oh, thank you, honey" he laughed, though it was just as forced as his kindness to the woman. Turning his body away from Katherine, he carelessly threw one of the shirts onto the bed, only sparing her a single glance. Before speaking up, "okay, pop quiz. The dagger and white ash are in the Salvatore's possession, correct?"

"The dagger was used to kill Elijah" she gulped, her usual sassy remarks and attitude melting away under the preying gaze of the Mikaelson. "You'll find him in the basement of the Salvatore house" Katherine finished, her eyes immediately averting away from the man.

"Okay, that dagger needs to stay exactly where it is. The last thing I need to do is resurrect Elijah. Oh, that guy is a buzzkill" Klaus muttered in distaste. His mind reminding of all the times his older brother had ruined his murderous plans.

"Don't forget you're on the outs with your girlfriend, Jenna" Katherine reminded, never once looking towards the man. As if she couldn't see him, it meant he wasn't there, that it was all just a terrible hallucination.

It wasn't. 

"Right, Elena's aunt. For, uh, all the lies about Isobel" he recalled, his hand moving around as he repeated what Katherine had told him earlier. Then, slowly he strolled over to Katherine, raising his brow. "What else?" He questioned, waiting for a certain witch to be mentioned. The one he'd heard countless things about from Isobel, all about how powerful she was. And Klaus wanted to know just how powerful that was.