𝟏𝟔. 𝐏𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐘 𝐁𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇

➤chapter sixteen

➤chapter sixteen.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐍 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐓𝐄 didn't make another appearance that night, leaving Cordelia to believe her she'd nothing but imagined it, to save her from everything that had occurred that dreaded night.

Instead her dreams were filled with various memories. Memories of when Cordelia and Caroline were young, the double C as they liked to call themselves. They were odd like that when they were little.

The most memorable one was from when they were thirteen and had secretly ditched an English lesson - Cordelia's idea, which had taken much persuading. And many panic attacks from Caroline - they'd gone to explore Mystic Falls, waking for what felt like miles. They'd thought they were the dogs bullocks, strutting around the edge of town with their pink heart shaped sunglasses tilted on the bridge of their noses.

The two pimple' teens joked and gossiped the entire time, they did try and stay out the main area of Mystic Falls. Both girls too terrified they'd get caught by someone they knew, especially Caroline's mother.

"Hey, remember that old creepy druggy house? We should totally go check it out" Cordelia suggested, her usual cheeky obvious grin plastered across her lips. Cordelia had always been the one to drag Caroline into trouble, though as much as the Forbes girl protested, she secretly enjoyed it. Cordelia was like a breathe of fresh air for Caroline, the girl was always pressured into fitting into this small perfectly crafted box her mother and father had created for her. Get good grades, no boys or going out, no hanging out with that troublesome blonde, were all rules strictly in place so Caroline wouldn't in - Bill Forbes words - 'ruin the Forbes family's reputation'.

So, off they went, into an old seemingly abandoned corner of Mystic Falls, ready for some action full adventures. They'd walked for miles, their heart racing as they slowly tracked towards the abandoned home. Until finally they reached their stop, snap bang on the porch of the house.

The house was abandoned, vines and wildlife claimed it as its own. The walls were an off white colour, yellowing due to its age. Not very cute. Cordelia would have hated to be this house, if she were one. No one was around, no one but two innocent blondes who'd heard whispers about a certain house that was haunted with Salem witches. What liars, Cordelia knew all about the supernatural and witches? They weren't fans of small uninteresting spaces. Nope.

"Are you sure about this?" Hussed a wide eyed Caroline, her voice cracking slightly. Her eyes looked from the house and back towards Cordelia, looking as if she were about to bolt off.

Cordelia laughed slightly, "yeah of course. It's fine, Carebear. No druggies are gonna hurt you. I'll protect you" she poked fun, before a devious smirk braced her youthful face. Cordelia genuinely believed that if she encountered a freak she could just flirt her way out of it. Keeping in mind, her flirting was saying they had rad style. Plus, she was literally a waking pepperoni pizza, full of spots and underlying hormonal issues.