𝟏𝟑. 𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐃, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐋

➤ chapter thirteen

➤ chapter thirteen.

𝐃𝐄𝐄𝐏 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐒, two girls laid unknowingly unconscious in an old, dirty, rundown caravan. One girl had become conscious before the other, the vampire. In agony from the bullet wedged in the centre of her forehead. Her panicked eyes scanned around, her vision blurry from the pain. The bars that kept her locked up seemed to be coated in vervain, the strong scent making her throat feel as if it had wildfires burning inside.

Then, her eyes fell on her cellmate, an unconscious blonde locked in the cadge with her, her best friend. She gasped and hurriedly shuffled over, letting out pained groans and pants as she did. She grabbing the girls shoulders, beginning to  shake her. "Cordy, Cordy wake up" her hushed voice full of pain.

The girl in question let out a groan. Her head pounded, probably something to do with getting her head smashed against a car. Her eyes fluttered open slowly, the dim light shining bright in her eyes. Once her eyes had adjusted to the light, the girl's brown eyes fluttered open at Caroline, before shooting up when she saw the blood flowing from the centre of Caroline's head. "Care" Cordelia rushed out, grabbing Caroline's face as she did. The pulsing pain she'd felt becoming nothing but a thought in the back of her mind.

Caroline let out another pained groan, her eyebrows were drown together. "Can you get it out, please" Caroline panted as she firmly gripped onto Cordelia's shoulders, letting out coughs as she did.

Cordelia nodded rapidly, if this was anyone but Caroline she would tell them to go to hell and get it out themselves because getting out a bullet from someone's body? Totally ew. "Yeah, yeah" Cordelia whispered,her eyes finally looking around at where they were being held. This was bad, so very bad. Clearly, Elena had fucking competition with the whole getting kidnapped thing, with this being the second time Cordelia had been kidnapped this month.

When Cordelia saw that no one was around. She moved closer to Caroline, the grip she had previously on Caroline's face was now gone. Cordelia placed one hand on Caroline's head and the other just outside the bullet wound. She was about to fucking spew, but Cordelia just continued to nod to herself, her way of being reassuring.

One last deep breath, before Cordleia stuck her hand into Caroline's head.  In her fucking brain, totally ew! As Cordelia's fingers searched for the bullets wedged inside Caroline's head where her brain was, the pained yells and screams that escaped her lips only got louder.

Until finally, after what felt like hours, Cordelia's fingers felt the wooden bullet that was wedged between the girls head. She grabbed it, making another scream escape Caroline's lips. "I've got it, Care" Cordleia reassured, pulling the bullet out as she did. "I've got it" Cordelia mumbled when the bullet was finally out. What damage such a small piece of wood could do to something described as immortal.

Caroline let out pants and sighs as she stared down at the bullet, nodding slowly to herself. Cordelia dropped the bullet, watching as Caroline's hand found the healing bullet wound, perks of being a vampire. She watched as Caroline tried to wipe the blood away, but to no avail the blood stayed. Staining her pale skin a crescent red.