𝟏𝟖. 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐃

➤chapter eighteen

➤chapter eighteen.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑, it had felt as if it were going to last a lifetime. Which wouldn't be hard for either Damon or Eljiah being vampires and all, but poor Cordelia who just wanted her bed? Didn't really want to spend her lifetime sitting there, she'd already wasted enough of it.

Cordelia had began cleaning up table, moving the plates onto one another. Soon enough, the alone time she'd been ravishing in was interrupted once again.

In came Elijah, the gentleman. "Let me help you" he spoke, once his eyes fell on Cordelia as he lent on the door frame.

Cordelia shook her head, unbothered. "it's fine. I'm nearly done" she responded with a polite smile, picking up the plates as she did. Her eyes fell onto the suited man, who stood at the doorway.

Hating the awkward tension, Cordelia spoke up once more. "You're a guest, remember? Aren't ancient people big on formalities?" Cordelia smiled, her tone light.

Elijah's lips twitched, making Cordelia's smile only grow. "Well, helping a lady is also one of my ancient formalities. So, please. Let me help" he ravished, walking closer to Cordelia. Fixing his suit as he did.

Cordleia let out an exaggerated sigh, "I guess for the sake of your ancient formalities, you could help me bring in the plates, Suits" Cordelia accepted, before shoving the entire tables worth of plates into Elijah's hands. "That's not too heavy or anything, is it?" She added, hand on her hip with a smirk.

What? he had vampire strength! He'd offered to help, Cordelia was just making good use out of it, it saved her a good few laps to the kitchen and back.

A smile broke onto the man's face, before he shook his head dismissively. "It's perfectly fine, Cordelia. I'd like to finally get the chance to talk to you afterwards. I have somethings I'd like to explain, that is if you stopped - as you like to call it - blanking me" Elijah smirked, tilting his head at Cordelia slightly.

Letting out a laugh at Elijah's modern words. He'd started to pick up on what Cordelia would say to him, not understanding half of it, but he was learning.

Cordelia nodded slightly, "Yeah, I guess" she sighed. For the first time that night, she finally looked him in the eye, eyebrows scrunched. "Can't really remember why I started blanking you, to be honest. But I'm very committed to everything I do, so I dragged it out. Though the whole threatening to murder everyone in this house didn't really help" Cordelia revealed, honestly. Shrugging her shoulders slightly as she did.