𝟕. 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 𝐂𝐎𝐃𝐄

➤ chapter seven

➤ chapter seven.

𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋𝐒 𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐘 through a dirty, damp and freaky forest, if someone were to see them, one might suspect they were on their merry way to do some pot. The reality probably not even crossing their mind. Elena, Cordelia and Caroline made their way through the woods on their way to pay a five hundred year old vampire a visit. After Elena had explained her plan to Cordelia and Caroline, Cordelia had convinced Elena that she'd stay with her. Having questions of her own needing answers. Although she was starting to regret it, as she slapped the sixth bug off her after only being in the freaky forest for five minutes.

"Tell everyone I wasn't feeling well and that I went home from school" Elena calmly responded to a very panicked Caroline. She didn't spare the slightest glance at Caroline, too focused on a certain relative member.

Caroline looked between the pair as if they'd gone mad, "well what about Cords?" She rushed out as she hurried after Cordelia and Elena, arms flying around.

"Care, calm down. It's all good. Just say I went to check on Elena or I'd caught whatever she had" Cordelia responded with a shrug. Caroline thought Elena and Cordelia were being way to calm about this! They were going to visit evil bitch vampire, after all! "Can we also move a little faster please? I'm turning into these bugs breakfast. They probably know I'm related to Stefan so their getting revenge for their forest friends" Cordelia let out as she moved a little faster, as if to emphasise her point.

"I can't believe I'm agreeing to this. I'm a terrible liar" Caroline tried to convince them, though they both knew that was a lie. The three girls began to speed up, all wanting to escape the woods. None of them loving the whole being a bugs breakfast. Cordelia let out a squeal as another bug landed on her, slapping it off.

Elena ignored her and instead stayed focused "keep Stefan busy. I don't want him knowing what we're up to" Elena spoke with a shake of her head. The three were finally nearing the tome, where Katherine was being kept. It felt as if Cordelia's feet were about to fall off, maybe hells weren't the best thing to wear into a freaky, muddy, bug ridden forest.

"I'm even worse at duplicity" Caroline stated, trying to find a way out of it.

Cordelia shot her a look "Care, remember that promise we made each other when you were turned into a vampire?" She asked in a sickly sweet voice. She just needed Caroline to agree to this, the faster she did. The sooner Cordelia could be out of the woods, thus no longer being bug breakfast.

Caroline gasped, "are you about to use my own words against me?"

Cordy nodded "Yes I am" she said proudly before she continued "You said that we'd do anything for one another. No matter what" Cordelia stated. "So, now is the no matter what part" Cordelia jumped as she wrapped her arm around Caroline making the girl laugh.