𝟏𝟐. 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐇

➤ chapter twelve

➤ chapter twelve.

𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐍 𝐀 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐋 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐊𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐍, Cordelia munched her cereal. She'd only just woken up, with it being the first Saturday Cordelia had off work for the first time in a while. She'd slept in, like way in. What? She wanted to make the most out of it!

The afternoon news played in the background, Cordelia scrolling on her phone aimlessly as it did. Her eyes scanning an article about the science behind manifesting. Yes, she was still on it. Though the more she thought about it nothing had really happened due to it.

However her morning or afternoon scroll was soon interrupted as something the news lady, Andy, was it? Said had peaked her interest. "Authorities believe last night's assailant may be linked to the missing campers and park ranger who have yet to be found" as Cordelia continued to listen, she switched her phone off and took another bite out of her cereal. She had a clue who might've done such a thing. "As well as Jessica Koenig, reported missing this morning. The sheriff's department says investigations are pending and no further comment will be made" now this, this was definitely something a certain person who didn't know who to handle their emotions would do.

"Damon Salvatore!" Cordelia shouted, angrily. She dropped her spoon into her bowl before marching out the kitchen. "For fuck sake. Can't we just have one normal day, you stupid arsehole!" She raged as she made her way through the dark halls and up towards the stairs.

"I'm so going to kick your stupid ass, you're gonna wish Ric killed you that fucking night!" Cordelia spat, as she swung his bedroom door open. Though to her surprise, it was vacant. His dirty clothes were abandoned on the floor, making Cordelia scrunch her nose up at the mass that was his room.

Damon, who was hiding in Stefan's room, whispered "c'ome on, Stef. Be a good little brother and don't tell her we're in here." He pleaded, offering Stefan an unconvincing smile. Damon really wasn't in the mood to fight Cordelia, or hear a lecture about how it was bad to hurt unsuspecting people who didn't deserve it. Like, that was why he did it, duh. To show he didn't care! He couldn't understand why she didn't get that.

Rolling his eyes, Stefan called out to Cordelia. "We're in my room" to which he received an annoyed look from Damon, who shook his head in disapproval. "Stop hurt people if you don't wanna deal with Cordy" he shrugged. To tired to agrue, something Stefan seemed to do the majority of his life doing.

Then an angry Cordelia stormed in, throwing the door open and heading straight for Damon. "Hey Cordy, listen-" he panicked, before getting interrupted by Cordelia's fist.

She punched him, and man it felt good to get it off her chest. He'd needed a good wack for awhile now. Cordelia let out a content sigh, Damon on the other hand, yelped. Having to click his jaw back into place. For such a near human girl, she sure knew how to throw a punch. "I don't wanna hear it, Damon. I don't care what you have to say. You're a shit person and I can't wait to watch someone treat you how you treat others. " Cordelia told him, a hard look in her eyes. "But y'know sorry for you loss and all" Cordelia added after a moment, mumbling. She realised that maybe she should have started with that. Considering it was clear Damon had cared deeply for Rose, and then went in for the punch. But what was done was done, no need to dwel on the past.