4

As Lottie crept through her window, she froze seeing her older brother sat in the chair that was in the corner of the bedroom.

"Where the fuck have you been" Tommy asked, sitting forward.

Lottie's eyes widened.

"I just went on a walk" she lied. "At ten o'clock at night?" he questioned. "yeah?" she raised an eyebrow.

"We spoke about this Lott" he shook his head. She sighed, her shoulders dropping. "I know"

"You can't be going around by yourself, there's people around here who hate the Shelby name more than you think" he reminded her.

"I'm sorry Tom, won't happen again"

He nodded slowly. "Get to bed, this time i won't tel Polly. But if you do it again, i'll let her deal with you" he threatened.

-

"Where the fuck did you get this" Lottie gleamed, stepping into the stables. "Ey, language" Tommy hissed. "Got it off the Lee Family" he told her, running his hand over the white horses fur.

"So what, they just gave it to you?" she laughed. "Doesn't matter how i got it," he replied, placing his cap on his head.

Lottie shook her head, knowing her brothers had done something they shouldn't have done. The Lee Family weren't necessarily people they liked, especially not people who were just going to give them a horse.

"Get back home, i've got things to do"

-

"We will take them before last nights beer, turns to piss and wakes the devils up" Inspector Campbell told the men beside him. "We will leave no stone unturned. Every gun, every bulletin will he brought to me for inspection" he ordered.

"Now, take your positions" he turned his horse around, the men following him.

Lottie and Finn watched from the front bedrooms window as the group of men rode horses down Watery Lane.

"What do ya reckon they're doing" Finn asked, peaking through the curtain. "Not sure" she whispered, watching them carefully.

Each man stopped outside different houses before knocking the doors open and pulling families out their houses.

Lottie's eyes widened as she watched people being pushed against the wall, screams erupting from each house. "What the fuck" she said quietly.

"Go hide the betting books Finn, under the floorboards in Arthur's office" she told the boy and he rushed downstairs.

Her eyes remained on the men approaching the house.

"Shit, Finn upstairs" she shouted and pushed her younger brother toward the stairs.

"What's going on" he asked. "It's fine just go"

All the boys were at the Garrison, Polly at the church and Ada probably with Freddie.

Lottie quickly sat down in a chair, placing her feet on the table as the door got pushed in. "Turn the place upside down" The older man demanded, multiple men rushing through into the betting den.

"Can i help you" she asked smugly, tilting her head.

"Ah, Lottie Shelby" he grinned, "Who are you" she asked. "I'm Inspector Campbell" he nodded, placing his hand on the table.