35

Lottie stood anxiously outside the prison, Polly pacing beside her. Polly had insisted that she joined her for when Micheal had been released. She didn't know why. It felt more like a punch in the face, that she would see Micheal leave.

The door opened and an annoyed, or more disappointed Michael walked out, his face cut up.

Lottie took a deep breath then frowned when Isaiah walked out behind him.

"Isaiah?" she asked, practically jumping into his arms. He lifted her off the floor, spinning slightly. "How did you-" she began. "Apparently Polly made a deal with Inspector Campbell, in return for mine and Michael's release" he grinned.

Lottie grabbed his face, kissing him. "Are you hurt?" she asked. He shook his head.

"How are you, how's the baby?" he asked, gently placing his hand on her stomach. "Both fine" Lottie leaned into him, quickly glancing at Micheal who was basically ignoring Polly, seeming angry.

"I told Campbell that if he did anything to you i'd cut him to pieces" she chuckled slightly, keeping hold of his hand.

They both watched as Micheal walked away from Polly. Lottie frowned slightly.

"I have something for you, Siah" she spoke, grabbing his hand and pulling him to the car. "And what's that?"

"You'll have to wait and see, need someone to drive us there"

He tilted his head, confused at the girl.

When Lottie had told Isaiah about the pregnancy and realised that he was not annoyed, and that he would be present, she'd remembered the cash John and Esme gave her for her birthday.

She remembered how much they'd gave her. Lottie hadn't spent a penny of it. So she spoke to Thomas and he helped her buy a house for her, Isaiah and the baby.

Tommy had not seen the girl so excited since before she'd gotten pregnant.

"Okay" she laughed, "cover your eyes" She stood behind Isaiah on her tip toes in attempt to cover his eyes. "Where are ye taking me" he asked, his hands over here.

"You'll see" she said.

Lottie stopped outside the relatively large house, uncovering his eyes.

"Surprise" she smiled. He admired the building, his mouth open. "Lottie what-"

"For when the baby arrives, thought it'd be nice" she held his upper arm, "Tommy sorted most of it" Lottie was extremely excited.

"What do you not like it?" she frowned. "I do, i like it, it's just not what i was expecting" he finally smiled, draping an arm over her shoulder.

"We're starting a family, Siah. At first it sounded so scary because i'm so young, but i'm not so scared anymore" she rambled.

He admired her as she continued talking.

"It's amazing, Lottie, really" he nodded, holding her close. "Your amazing" he said. Lottie grinned, looking up at him.

"We're having a child Isaiah" she reminded. "An actual fucking child"

-

"You're not armed, Grace, are you?" Tommy moved on from the argument he was having with the familiar woman.

"No i'm not armed" she hissed, "I don't carry guns, i dont have to"

"You don't have a sense of humour any more either" he insulted. "What are you talking about" she asked.

He moved from his seat to beside her on the couch.

"Thing is, i hate reunions" he nodded, "i didn't want to sit here talking about nothing, and dancing around what we really want to say. So now, i know your happy in New York, your husbands sweet, rich and kind to you.." he trailed off.

"I know your unarmed. And you didn't come here for sex because you don't love me anymore and it's only three minutes past. Another drink"

He stood. "I'll take that as a yes"

"It's good to see you Grace"

"So you didn't light the fire?" she asked, "You see my real plan, Grace, was that we go out. I want to impress you. Now, you like Charlie Chaplin"

"Yes i like Charlie Chaplin" she laughed.

"Good but i bet you've never heard Charlie Chaplin speak"

-

Micheal sat opposite Isaiah and Lottie in the Garrison.

"You reckon Tom will get Arthur out?" she asked, hugging in to Isaiah's arm. Micheal breathed heavily. "He didn't get us out" he sighed.

"My mother did"

"Yeah, Isaiah said she had a deal with Campbell?" Lottie asked. "She fucked him, Lottie"

Her stomach dropped. No way Polly willingly did something with Inspector Campbell. That must have been what Polly was so upset over and why she tried stopping Lottie from going to him.

She didn't fuck him, he raped her.

Lottie grew sick, zoning out.

"Ey" Isaiah shook her slightly, snapping her back to reality. "Hm?" she hummed. "What happened then" he laughed at her.

"Sorry" she apologised.

"How long left?" Micheal changed the subject, not wanting to speak about Polly any longer. "Till the baby?" he finished.

"A few months i think" Lottie questioned herself.

"What do youse want?"

"I'd love a girl" Isaiah nodded causing Lottie to smile. "A girl?" she asked and he nodded. "A girl" he repeated.

"I'd love to have a girl" she smiled.

-

Arthur walked out into the yard, chains attached to him. "Here he is" John said. "The king of London Town"

Arthur walked to him.

"You been enjoying yourself?" he asked his older brother. "Yes, fucking great" Arthur said sarcastically. "Surrounded by Sabini's men, rats everywhere. Fucking cockneys"

John snorted.

"At least you're going to get what you've always wanted"

"And what's that John?"

"Well, you tried to hang yourself twice" he reminded him, "now the kings gonna do it for you"

Arthur chuckled at his words. "I've been a fucking idiot, i haven't appreciated anything John"

John rolled his eyes. "Are you fucking repenting or something"

"Drawing. I used to be good at drawin"

John groaned at Arthur's words. "Arthur please for gods sake i don't need this"

"I should've listened more in class"

"What fucking class" john scoffed, "you were never there"

"I used to draw horses. Stallions. Great big ones."

"Arthur. Not stallions not now"

"I should've done more with my life, John" he nodded, pacing. "Good things"

"Arthur for gods sake"

"Even Ada said it wasn't my fault" Arthur shook his head. "Arthur will you listen"

"They're gonna hang me John"

"They will not" he shook his head. "Says who?"

"Tommy"

"And how is Houdini gonna get me out of this" he asked, lifting up his hands. "Don't tell me. He's got a plan. But you don't know that plan do you John"

"Cause we just keep-"

"I do" John said. "We can't be trusted" Arthur continued. "If he's so fucking clever why am i in here"

"Why is all our men and half our whiskey being lifted, eh?"

"Will you shut up" John asked. "Fucking shut up" he shouted. "He's already told me what i've got to do"