33

Polly watched as Police marched in, dragging Micheal from the table and outside. "Not again" she shouted, "Micheal, no, you can't take my son away, not again"

"Give me the boy" one of the coppers said. "Come back here" she sobbed, trying to pull away from the grip of the man.

"We are arresting him for taking part in a fight-" Polly punched the man, sending him into the floor. "Don't you fucking touch him" she screamed, running to the car.

-

"Isaiah?" Lottie shouted as she watched her boyfriend get dragged from the Garrison. "Isaiah!" she repeated, running toward him only to be pulled back aggressively by a police officer.

He looked up. "Get your hands off her" he shouted, "don't fucking touch her she's pregnant" he screamed, fighting against the handcuffs and the grip.

"He hasn't done anything let him go" Lottie shouted, tears streaming from her face. It was if everything was moving in slow motion. The father of her unborn child was being arrested.

Her eyes went blurry and the voices grew quiet as she watched him being dragged.

"Let her go" he shouted as he was pushed toward the car. "I'll fucking kill the lot of you, get your hands off her"

The police officer supported Lottie's weak body as she struggled to stay standing.

"Tommy will get you out Siah," she shouted. "I'll fucking make sure of it"

He was pushing inside the car, keeping his eyes on the girl. She pushed herself away as much as she could but nothing worked.

"Get away from me" she shouted, watching as the police car drove off. "I said fucking get off me" she shouted again, slapping the man across the face.

Lottie ran as a fast as she could toward Johns house, despite the pain it was causing her. "John" she shouted, banging on the door. "Esme!"

"I'm coming" he huffed, swinging the door open but frowning at the sight of his sister. "They've took Isaiah, John, they've fucking took him" She said loudly, hitting his chest.

"This is your fault, not his" she sobbed. He grabbed her wrists, pulling her into a hug to stop her fighting.

"We can get him out Lottie, calm down" he closed the door.

"What's happened" Esme stood in the doorway. Lottie pushed herself away from her older brother. "Isaiah's been arrested" she hissed.

"Come on, Lottie, i'll make you some tea, you need to sit down" she placed a hand on Lottie's shoulder. "This stress won't be good for the baby"

Lottie took numerous deep breaths, holding her head.

"Listen, Lottie, we can get him out" He promised her, "Tommy can get him out"

"Don't talk to me" she hissed, shaking her head. John sat back, sighing. The phone rang and John picked it up.

"Yeah?" he asked. His mouth parted. "Okay, yeah" he said before putting it down. "Arthur's been set up for the murder of Billy Kitchen" he wiped his mouth, looking at the girl.

"What do you want me to say, John? What do you actually want me to say"

"John just leave her, just for now" Esme said, handing Lottie a cup of tea.

-

"We had a fucking deal" Tommy shouted, his voice echoing through the church as he stood before Inspector Campbell.

"I would think you would moderate your language in a place of worship"

Tommy snatched the newspaper from his hand, dropping it to the floor. "We had a fucking deal" he repeated, pointing in his face.

"Mr Shelby" he began, "if you read the papers, you might have seen that the home secretary has got himself into a bit of a fizz about certain moral issues"

"Prostitution, protection, racketeering, drinking, cocaine and of course gambling" Inspector turned to Tommy.

"And he has demanded results"

"You offered me protection" Tommy reminded him, "you promised me protection"

"Well, no, you see, it was Mr Churchill" Inspector Campbell corrected, "and home secretary outranks him, so. And i cannot be blamed if your demented brother decided to go in some sort of blood orgy during dinner"

Thomas raised his eyebrows, anger growing inside of him. "Don't you fucking lie to me" he hissed, "do not sit here in a fucking church and lie to me"

"You will need to contain your emotions or this meeting is at an end"

Tommy breathed heavily.

"So..let us review the situation. I have your brother in a prison cell, charged with the murder of Billy Kitchen. The case against him is strong and i have no doubt his destiny is to hang"

"And then there is Polly's son, Micheal who has admitted to helping Arthur burn the Marquis pub, along with Isaiah Jesus, your sister boyfriend"

"You took Isaiah Jesus?" Tommy questioned, "he has a child on the way, Inspector, so help me god if you let anything happen to him" Tommy threatened.

"Micheal was a tough nut to crack, that boy, but crack he did" Inspector ignored Tommys threat.

"So, i have your brother facing the noose, your cousin and Isaiah facing five years for arson..and i have your entire organisation in disarray in Birmingham and London"

Tommy knew he had to get Isaiah out of there, as well as the other two of course. But he was not going to let that happen to his younger sister, he was not going to allow the father of her child miss out on five years.

"What do you want?" Tommy asked. "What do i want?" Campbell leans forward.

"I don't understand Mr Shelby,"

"I have already agreed to do your fucking million for you. Now what is it you want from me"

"Oh. There you go. You see, an agreement is not the same thing as assurance now is it"

Thomas' jaw tightened.

"You see, i found, i wasn't sleeping so well. It wasn't just the smell and the noise in that room, no, it was the nagging doubt. The knowledge that Tommy Shelby is not afraid to die"

"And therefore, the threat to your own life may not be enough to make it certain that you will obey me on the given day. I need also the power of life and death of your family and that i now have. Your brother, your cousin, and your sister"

Tommy raised his head.

"I've known her address is Primrose Hill since the day she moved in. Now she is safe only as long as i want her to be"

Ada, he was talking about Ada.

"I've been ahead of you, Thomas, every step of the way"

Tommy glared at him. If looks could kill, Inspector Campbell would be long gone.