22

Lottie sat anxiously knowing her brothers were up to no good. All she hoped was that all three of them returned alive.

"What's on your mind" Isaiah asked, his arm around the girl, her head on his chest. "The lads have gone London"

"Something about expansion"

"And?" he asked.

"They're up to no fucking good, i can feel it"

"They're peaky blinders Lott, they'll be okay, they always are. You should be more worried for whoever they've gone after" he said making a small laugh leave her mouth.

"I'm scared of losing them y'know," she asked, looking up at him. "They do some really fucking stupid things" she added.

"They know what they're doing Lottie" he assured her, rubbing her arm.

They stopped talking when they heard shouting down stairs. Tommy was home.

"NewMarket was profitable" he said. "Arthur told me how you left your message" Polly stood. "When i asked him where his medicine was, he said you poured it away"

"All i poured away was opium and bromide"

"That's how it works in London?" she asked, "Every boss has to have a mad dog at his side. Somebody who can't be predicted, mad in the head"

"But Thomas Shelby uses his own brother"

"Stop fucking fighting me" He shouted. "Somebody has to" She shouted back. "That arrived an hour ago. There's no name on it but i came from Camden Town"

Tommy looked at the Telegraph she had handed him. "Well done Thomas, you picked a side now your at war with Sabini" she stormed out.

-

Ada walked down the stairs to where she was staying, growing cautious as men surrounded her. "Ada Shelby?" one asked. She shook her head.

"No"

He slapped her across the face. "Your brother broke the rules" he grabbed her coat. He was a Cockney.

"I don't have a fucking brother"

"Me and my friends need female company, let's go for a drive" They dragged her outside despite her fighting and screams.

The same was happening to Tommy, he had been jumped by numerous men, leaving his face bloody.

"Tommy Shelby" he lifted his head up. "I missed you in my club" Sabini, it was Sabini. "I was at the races"

"Sabini" Tommy whispered. "Don't say my name" he shook his head. "Jesus, Franco, take my name out his mouth"

A man stepped forward, cutting the insides of Tommys mouth. "While your in there do a bit of digging for gold, can pay for the petrol"

Groans left Tommys mouth.

They let him fall to the floor. "See how much i know about you, i even know what's in ur fucking mouth" he hissed, holding the blood covered bullet to his face.

"Look at me, look at me. You take up with the Jews, you think that's what London is all about, you can just come pick a side"

"You sent someone after my little sister" he whispered. "Speak up, can't hear you"

"My sister," he whispered, "you sent someone" Tommy struggled to speak. They let his body drop once more. "Finish him off"

The man held a gun in Tommys direction but before he could fire, there was an explosion, followed by police whistles.

Inspector Campbell stood beside Tommy's half dead body. "I suppose we should see if the bastards still alive"

He leaned over him.

Whilst this had been happening to Tommy, Ada had been thrown in a car, assaulted by the men who had taken her.

The car came to a stop and as the men got out, a gun fired, their bodies falling. A man grabbed Ada and she screamed. "It's all right, Miss Shelby, we work with Tommy, we're Peaky Blinders"

She kicked him.

"My name is not Shelby" she shouted.

-

Tommy sat in a hospital bed, his eyes closed. "Ready for a visitor Mr Shelby?" the nurse asked. "No" he groaned.

"I'm here on the Kings orders" Campbell spoke. "I'm afraid i must insist"

Tommy looked at him.

"Ah, you paid extra for daylight" he points at the window, his cane making a tapping sound on the floor. "The racketeering business must be booming"

"Are you not gonna thank me for saving your life"

Tommy pointed at him, then at the table. "Pass me cigarettes?"

Campbell sighed, passing him the box of cigarettes. "Three nights ago, at the cooperative stables in Montague Street,"

"There was a murder, a man name Duggen" Campbell said. "The Oxfordshire Constabulary found his body in a shallow grave,"

"I need to piss" Tommy said. "Nurse?"

Campbell pushed him back down with his cane. "I know it was you that carried out the murder of Mr Duggan"

He removed the cane from his chest.

"Oh, by the way, Grace, she went to New York" he told Campbell, teasing him about the girl. "A place called, Poughkeepsie"

"She's married now"

"To a banker. He's rich" Campbell told him. "I'm sure she's very happy"

"You've been under my microscope for some weeks now, I have been observing every move you make Mr Shelby. That is why i was on hand to save your life"

"I imagine being shot by a woman, hurts the same as being shot by a man?" Thomas asked, knowing Grace had shot Campbell in the knee.

"Just a bit more shameful. You know Mr Campbell, when i got shot, they gave me a medal. No medal for you i bet"

The inspector stood, leaning over him. "Mr Shelby, our reunion, is part of a very carefully worked out plan"

"Which has been in place for some time now"

"Every time you lean on that stick, i bet you see her face." Tommy whispered. "As a result of the information in my possession, i can charge you with murder anytime"

"And proved two impeccable crown witnesses" he pressed his finger in to Tommy's covered wound.

He wrapped a hand around his neck. "You are on my hook Mr Shelby, and from this moment forward, you belong to me"

He let go of Tommy. "So get well quickly, i'll be in touch the moment i hear you can piss standing up" he walked to the door, "Oh and, give your younger sister my condolences for what happened to her" he said.

Tommy struggled in the bed pointing at him. "Never talk about my sister ever again" he threatened.