65

Luca Changretta walked down the hall, stopping in front of Alfie who kept his eyes closed. "Mr Solomons"

Alfie hummed. "My little cousin was born blind. As a result i now donate a considerable sum of money to a charity which gives dogs with eyes to blind jews" he spoke. "The chairman of the board, recommends that this of us who are blessed with the gift of sight and that we spend at least half an hour of our day with our eyes closed"

Luca looked at the man beside him with a confused look.

"So that we may have a better understanding of the darkness and also to increase our donations and that. What time is it?"

"Twenty nine minutes past eight"

"Right well then, i have a another minute to go actually, but you er you can begin, go on"

Luca placed a tooth pick in him mouth. "I'm Luca Changretta"

"Oh yea, i know who you are, hm? You are a bit of a failure aren't you. You come all the way over here to this country in order to kill Tommy Shelby, but i mean," he laughed. "Well he's not dead is he? So"

"No"

"No" Alfie nodded. "He ain't" Luca whispered.

"How much time have i got left, mate?" Alfie asked. "Ten seconds, nine seconds, eight seconds, five, four, three, two, one"

Alfie opened his eyes. "Right, hello" he looked Luca up and down. "How can i help you?"

"I have a proposition for you"

"Mm, yeah. I already know what you want. Yeah? I just want to hear you say it out loud. So i can check how ridiculous it is"

"Ok, i have my own 10 seconds of patience left with this guy" Luca spoke in Italian. "Luca" Matteo said, "they say this is how he is. We need him"

Aldi's nodded with a patronising smile on his face.

"There is gonna be a little fight, a boxing match. Between your boy and Tommy Shelby's boy, right, Birmingham?"

"Mhm"

"And the whole Shelby family is gonna be there. And you, Mr Solomon's you too will be there"

"That's it, tell you what, here's a gift it's free. Souvenir of you being here. Goodbye, trot on down there is Bonnie Street" Alfie sighed, grabbing two bottles.

Luca opened the bottle, smelling it. "You know they say you are a smart guy. You already know what we want before we say it" he chuckles. Alfie looked around. "That's funny cause now i believe i know what you want before you say it"

Alfie stared at him, nodding. "So you gonna taste it?" he asked.

Luca lifted the bottle to his lips. "I think this clown wants us to run his rum" he said in Italian. "Into New York"

"Damn fucking straight mate, otherwise you wouldn't still be breathing my oxygen, would you? Because i have 200 barrels a month. Yeah, cleared by your people, distributed through your teams"

"Thing is that people want gin these days" Luca interrupted.

"Well, the exit is still out there right on Bonnie Street, yeah?"

Luca laughed. "Your fucking crazy you know that?" he asked. Alfie sat. "Two hundred barrels, huh?"

"And also i want some cash. But don't worry cause i've broken it down here and i've got a list of costs pertaining to the assassination of a dear friend. All right." Alfie pulled out a piece of paper.

"Now your normal dispatch, we'l it's £500 cost, but you're gonna have to add another 100 to that because Tommy Shelby, like me, is from an oppressed people. Then i need you to put another ton on top of that, because his brother is a fucking animal and he will come after me. Yeah then you will need to put another 100 on top of that because well you are a fucking wop, mate"

He looked between the two. "And you," he nodded at Matteo. "And then, we have to deal with the ugly business of which i've been incredibly clear off, before i'll need another £500 because like i stated, Tommy Shelby, is a very, very good friend of mine."

"Total is down there in black and white, all right? Crack on" he handed it to Luca.

"Mr Solomons i'm gonna be very fucking clear with you, i don't need you to kill anybody, i have people that i trust, okay? So you're gonna take my boys and you're gonna bring them to the ring as seconds"

"Well in order to qualify as my seconds, right, they would first have to qualify as being Jewish. Yeah?" Alfie told them.

"And in order to do that they would have to replace their natural Italian fucking arrogance with a Jewish air of absolute certainty. You see my good friend, Tommy Shelby, he will know the difference"

"These days, back in the old country, a lot of the you know Jewish people" Luca chuckled. "They are having to pass themselves off as Italians" The two laughed.

"Right well you'll have to add another ton onto your bill for being a cunt, mate. All right?"

Luca snapped his fingers.

"You will bring my men to Birmingham?"

"You will circumcise them. Yeah you will have to circumcise them because the Peaky's will check, yeah?" he leaned forward.

"Piece of shit" Luca whispered. "Okay, any other requests? Two hundred fucking barrels, we have a deal"

"Ah," Alfie exclaimed.

"What the matter? I said we have a deal"

"Well, eh, you just made a deal without negotiation, didn't you?" Alfie said. "Yeah, Tommy Shelby was right about you wasn't he? You plan to kill us all" He tutted.