69

Everyone sat in the large room of Tommy's house, drinking whilst music played in the background. Isaiah had went to track down his daughter who had disappeared once again.

"Listen up" Tommy got everyone's attention. "Before we go and eat, i'd like to say a few words" he said. "Last time we were all here, it ended badly"

Lottie bit her tongue.

"Yeah" Arthur mumbled. "But now we're in a happier place. That's it, i'd just like to raise a toast" Tommy raised his glass.

"Hold on," Arthur stopped him. "A few words i want to say from the heart" Tommy nodded, allowing him to continue.

"And this time you're gonna let me finish, Tommy" he joked. "Now as you all know, Arthur Shelby is dead. Cause of that, Tommys offered me a way out, a new identity. Start a whole new life for myself and i've thought about it. Made a decision. I ain't fucking going nowhere"

Everyone laughed at his words. Lottie smiled brightly.

"Our enemies are gone, dead, all of em, for the first time since me, my two kid brothers, Tommy and John. Enlisted in the Warwickshire Yeomanry, we have peace. So, i think i'd like to make a proposal, to all of you, the Shelby Company Limited, insist that Tommy here, takes some time off"

Lizzie looked up at Tommy.

"Time you took a holiday Tom. Put your feet up. Wars over. No one wants to kill us, maybe apart from Lottie, but eh, she's our sister. So, to peace" he raised his glass.

"To peace" they repeated.

-

The Shelby's picked up their voting paper, ticking the box that read Thomas Shelby. They all smiled, placing them into the box.

"Ronald Carr, Conservative, 3,412" The man spoke. "Bernard Hall, Liberal, 4,015. Micheal Ross, Communist, 6,406. Thomas Shelby, Labour Party, 47,564"

Cheers erupted from everyone and Lottie jumped into Tommys arms, smiling. "You did it, Brother, well done" she said.

He rubbed her back, putting her down and walked away, all of them following. He looked at Lizzie who stood at the bottom of the stairs, his young daughter, Ruby in her arms.

He smiled at her, picking her up.

Jessie Eden stood at the top of the stairs, mouth open. Lizzie sent a bitter smile at her, linking arms with Lottie as they walked away.