Chapter Seven

Alessio

I'd barely shut the door to my bedroom when I let out the shakiest breath I'd ever had. Not even after I'd killed my first man and nearly broke down at home had my breath been like this.

What the fuck?

The waves of my desire for Arianna hit me like a fucking two hundred car locomotive. I was also painfully hard and I doubt the woman I was sharing this house with had noticed through her own pleasure. I'd wanted to take her, to pick her up pull her lace panties aside and take her. My self control had stopped that and I suspected that Arianna didn't take birth control.

She'd never needed to, women were promised to one man in their lives unless her husband died which she took a year of mourning and then if an option was available she would marry again but typically widows remained alone in other familias viewed as used goods and cast aside. That was the case with my mother, my father had been a decade her senior when they were married for convenience.

He'd seen her as nothing more then for his pleasure and for giving him children, he'd been a cold man the kind of monster, monsters were afraid of. He'd feared me in the end, I was his prize son as the oldest but I didn't know what that made me. What I did know was I wouldn't treat Arianna as a fuck thing, she would be my wife, she'd be the woman who I'd eventually have to show little versions of myself to respect, and base their own married relationship off of the one I'd show them. Taking Aria by force wasn't how I wished to start that journey.

Crossing my expansive room I stepped into the bathroom and turned my shower to its hottest setting in hopes of burning my lust away.

I'd pay for what I'd done to her.

I'd felt like a dick earlier when I had snapped at her and intimidated her. The hours of spending time in a jewelry store had allowed me to find a ring that I thought would show the value I held her at. The wording had also been my choice, along with asking for it to be branded into the special paper they used for notes. She wouldn't know that though, and I wouldn't tell her. I was comfortable fueling the idea that I was a monster, that I didn't feel anything, that I didn't form any attachments it was safest that way.

"Fuck," I muttered my anger rising as the hot water rolled down my body not doing anything to relieve my erection but I had enough control to ignore it even with my mind taunting me with images of Aria in numerous poses around my house while I took her.

What was I a fucking hormonal teenage boy.

It was moments like this that I'd appreciated the fact I refused to go to the clubs I owned where some men would pay for the services of a disgraced women. I'd never gone to indulge myself but I had to collect the money somehow something that I'd passed onto Matteo who was used to the hypersexual environment.

I rested my head against the wall of the shower and sighed before giving up on trying to wash away my sins and stepped out to go to sleep, not that I'd been able to get any to begin with and I doubted it would come after Aria and I's hallway make out session.

Drying off I walked out of my bathroom and over to the window before staring out at the gardens in Central Park a view that had often calmed me on nights filled with emotion

I'd often looked out at the beauty beyond my home to remind myself that it even existed at all. Now I did it to distract myself from the beauty that lived in my home. To the woman who I wanted but couldn't have, not in the way that I wanted to have her. I'd make the effort though to have her and make her at least feel safe with me.