Chapter Forty Two

Several days passed and the purges across Salvatorini Territory were slowing as stragglers were found and removed from the Familia in the only way that they were ever going to be.

I had never been bothered by the violence, or the fact that I had entered into Alessio's Familia when it was experiencing one of the most violent periods of its history. I had thought about it. What it may mean for a future with him, and what it would mean for a family with him, when it became expected of us.

We would be raising a child in the world of the mob, and whether they were a boy or a girl it would make them the heir to the Don of this Familia. It would be bringing them into a safe home, and informing them that they were going to be a mobster.

How would we even explain to them that I was the wife of a Mafia Boss, they would be going to school likely with other mob children, and if they weren't they couldn't tell anyone. They would be trained to be killers like their father, uncles, and aunts.

Would I one day be able to accept that for them, and especially when both Alessio and I had experienced a parent who was hostile to us with their own expectations of who we should be and how we should be. I looked at Alessio at times across the table at dinner, or when he sat in the lounge with a cigar and a glass of brandy while reading a book, as I drew him, something I'd done and wanted to make a portrait of him and I to hang in the living room or the lounge. He had never seemed like a mafia boss once home he looked and acted like the husband I wanted, and treated me with the utmost respect.

How was that same man going to look at his children and teach them all the things he was taught.

His morals were strong enough that he couldn't bestow the same childhood he had. He'd be patient, and nurturing. Our children would learn to kill only when necessary, and to be more adaptable then a chameleon to the shit situations they would find themselves in. They may also get my attitude which I would never get tired of seeing if that was the case.

As I entered the South Wing's lounge I found that I was smiling at the thought of a future with Alessio that had some resemblance to normality.

Then I noticed the door to the back pool area was open and no guards were in sight. Slowly crossing the room I stuck my head out of the door looking sound to see that they all were out of sight.

None are allowed into the house, and there should be others.

I then felt chills run over my body and pulled my phone from my pocket before dialing Alessio and almost immediately after he answered.

"Arianna," he says and I could hear the sound of wind in the background which made me wonder of he was in Salvatorini Enterprises where his office terrace was.

"I don't want to jump to conclusions but I think someone has broken into the house," I say softly, and there was silence on the other end before a short string of curses left his mouth.

"I'll be there in ten I'm bringing Matteo. Listen carefully, there is a gun in my office under the desk is a scanner push your thumb to it, or get to the library weapons vault it's the third book in from the left fourth row. The one opposite to it opens a safe room behind the fireplace. Get there if you can, if not hide anywhere. You will know the house better then anyone else in there with you," he says and I hear shuffling behind me as the sliding of a key off something wooden is heard from Alessio's end.

"Put the phone down," someone says from behind me, and another curse leaves Alessio's mouth.

"Knee kick," he says, "then run," and the line clicks off.

Turning I found a gun aimed at me, "drop the fucking phone," the man says and I recognize him as one of Alessio's Capo's.

"Okay it's going on the ground," I say softly and set it face down before stepping away. The man then smiles deviously and I see a glimmer of a more twisted darkness in the man's eyes. The complete opposite from the way Alessio looks at me after his work. This look was the kind that made me want to throw up, but instead as he reached for the phone I high kicked him in the face causing him the crumple with a scream.

I then turned and ran off down a hallway towards the front of the house where the library was and hoping that the intruders were trying to find their way to certain parts of the house to find me.

As I ran through the halls I silently cursed the fact that the house was so large even if it would have the benefit that I knew it better then any intruder would. I'd spent too many days walking through the house to see what else there was, and now it was all paying off as I got to the library and pulled the book that Alessio had indicated. However memory had helped, based on remembering the one night Alessio had pulled it and as it did with him, I was let into a room filled with guns and began looking through the room that had all of them on display even if it was illegal, this was technically a locked vault.

Pulling handguns off the wall I loaded all of them and put two of them where I could easily get to them if knocked down or pinned to something. Taking two knives I left the room and got the doors to shut before heading around the house.

As I tiptoed through the house I watched a dozen of them sweep through the garden that was set deeper down into the basement level of the house. Opening the glass I stuck the gun out of the window and shot at them hitting two before they all turned and began running back towards the stairs all while I could hear the sound of an engine roaring and getting closer.

Alessio.

Running the opposite way of the stairs I used the repetitive nature to certain rooms of the house to slip into corridors where I would have a better chance of slipping past the intruders which was when two jogged into the hall and I managed to shoot another one while the other tackled me and pinned me down with his body weight. Though I kept hitting him with my fists and elbows likely leaving bruises but I couldn't maneuver well.

"You little bitch, you're coming with me," he sneered tossing my gun down the hallway. He then leered down at me before I used the same trick on Alessio when training and flipped him onto his back before taking my knife and slamming it into his throat with all my might. Letting go of the handle as I pulled it out I stared at him as he bled out and into his lungs. It was too personal taking someone's life like this and I had to fight the urge to throw up before standing and shooting the man in the head though I couldn't look at him as I pulled the trigger.

I was certain the others heard the shot but none the less I began running again, slipping down the hall and towards the garage where Alessio was more likely to be. Bursting through a door into a hall of bedrooms I realized the intruders had set a trap here and hauled me into lounge in the middle of the hall and stripped me of weapons while two of the men held me while others weren't shy of touching me wherever they pleased. All the while I tried to fight them.

"We should take her clothes off and leave her here for the Don to find," one of them says which was when I heard a click of a gun and the room fell silent.

"If anyone defiles my wife, you will find yourself fed, your own fucking balls," Alessio's cold voice says before several guns were pointed at Alessio.

"How fun, I never came alone," he says and Matteo with the most devious smirk I'd ever seen on him enters with a machine gun on his hip.

"Welcome to the motherfucking party," he mused and lowered the gun at the same time Alessio pulled his other gun and gave me a look to get down.

Dropping to the floor both Matteo and Alessio began firing at the men around the room killing them one by one until I was pulled up and yanked into someone's arms roughly.

"Move and I will shoot her," the person yells and both Alessio and Matteo stopped to turn to the man.

"Fuck," Matteo breathes.

"Sandro," Alessio sighs the worst possible sign. It sounded pained like he had been betrayed more then just one of his Capo's breaking into his house. Sandro had been someone the Salvatorini brothers were close to, and this certainly wouldn't end well.

So that's the end of this one the next few are interesting. Comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌️