Chapter Forty Five

Alessio

I stood feeling the heat from the ashes and watched as the flickering flames consumed the home of Violetta and her parents. This was a shrine and not a place to remember for me, it could burn, and when it was nothing but fragments of rubble and had let all the blood that had been shed in that house seep into the ground I would be happy. I'd have it bombed if I didn't know there would be the question of why it got bombed, and who had done it.

People would ask if the mafia had done it and why there was suddenly the DNA of four hundred people spread across an area of a large suburban neighborhood.

As the building began to reach a pitch point it suddenly collapsed with a loud crack of the wooden support beams before I turned as it cast a stream of sparks into the air and kept burning.

Lifting the door of my car I slipped inside and started the engine with a loud roar before leaving the property. Slipping out onto the street and speeding off along the highways back towards my house though I'd have to get this car cleaned and have a long conversation with Aria about what she saw tonight. I had snapped, and become unhinged. First her being touched, and next that Sandro escaped, before all his men tried to kill me, me. Their blood could stay on my hands for all the cares I gave about their fucking lives after they had touched Arianna. Let the other Familia's question me, let them come, I wouldn't be disrespected, especially by anyone who touched what was mine.

Leaving Genoa's hill top residential area I began winding through the streets until I got to the highway once more, I had longed to be here along the ocean for most of my adolescent years and I got a view of it each day when I woke up from sleep.

Passing all the smaller towns as I sped along the outer lane I passed numerous other people before changing lanes and slowing. Turning up into the area around Varazze I followed the path up to the large isolated compound I'd grown to appreciate more and more. Tonight however would be different once I got inside I'd have to explain everything to Aria and would then pray she understood.

That wouldn't be easy either she'd walked through a building covered in blood and parts of others bodies before finally finding me with Matteo's help.

Speaking of my brother, he'd sent me at least a dozen paragraph messages about what he had just seen and even though I could appease him by explaining where my head was at, that approach wouldn't work on Arianna.

Pulling into the new driveway of my house I rounded the garage and backed into the parking spot the car belonged in.

How the fuck was I going to explain all of this?

Letting out a sigh I climbed from the car and shut the door, before making my way through the house in just my socks while the pair of shoes I wore was in a bag for when I cleaned off all the stains and made sure to get my shoes polished again.

As I got to the front of the house I could hear Matteo and Aria talking quietly, and continued upstairs. I knew they got alone, knew that there was always going to be the moments where the two of them would have to be around one another similar to how Gabriella would need to become familiar with me once she and my brother are married.

Walking up the stairs I went to shower along with putting my clothing in on the most intense wash cycle to cleanse it of blood, though I'd have to wash it several times before letting it tumble dry and not heat dry.

I then got into the shower and cleaned off the blood, scrubbing myself until my hands felt raw, and my face was dry. I had an interesting relationship with the prospect of blood and I knew it. I hated the stuff, I'd seen enough of it on my own hands and on other people I cared about. Yet I'd hold a gun to someone and kill without hesitation. I thought of all the ways that things could have gone wrong, that they likely would. All my dark deeds would eventually catch up to me, and I knew they would. One day I was going to be forced to right the many wrongs I committed on my way to becoming the Boss of the Family. They had already begun bubbling to the surface now that I had a way for people to truly hurt me. My brothers and sisters were trained in self defense and were exceptionally got at using a variety of weapons but Aria wasn't she had remained in this house for the duration of the time before our wedding.