Chapter Twenty Two

A week passed and before I knew it I was on my way to Lake Como with Arianna to attend Luca's wedding which meant yet another social gathering though it was only of the immediate family meaning that Valentino, Liggiare, and Salvatorini were going to be present at one function. Which Matteo was practically ecstatic about and though he pretended he wasn't and thought I was focused on Luca's big day, I knew it was because Gabriella would be there.

It would also be tense because both my brothers wedding was happening but we were less then three months from the wedding between Aria and I.

At least I'd get to speak with Lorenzo and Vivian.

Lorenzo was of the old generation, where a man was determined by his actions though Vivian had the Tommaso pride which made her predictable. I could manipulate the Valentino's because it would provide a way for me to ensure that they remained in my side though I was also planning to take neutral territory which would seal Tommaso away from the rest of Italy until I was able to convince the other nineteen regions and their respective Familia's into war with Tommaso.

Though I'd like to put a bullet between Daniele's eyes, while his son watched.

"Alessio, you look tense," she says placing a hand on my forearm which was resting on the center console with my hand gripping the gear shifter.

I was, but that wasn't the point I'd spent the past week planning to slip into Tommaso territory and kidnap him so that I could scare them into capitulation. I'd have to tell Aria then what had happened that her mothers Familia had started a war that I finished. I had to make sure that she knew that and that I made the presence of Tommaso members known, and even if I could negotiate peace with Lorenzo I wouldn't trust his wife to not be a future threat. However even if I wouldn't have conflict with the Valentino's, war with the Bratva wouldn't end that was guaranteed.

"I just know that your family will be there, and I don't want to make a scene at the wedding of my youngest brother," I say which was the partial truth.

Though with Matteo there it was a possibility that something got said that set him off. I knew that he had been keeping tabs on Gabriella and there would be very little that would stop him from being his more charming self with her, though I'm sure the younger of the Valentino sisters would somehow match my brother.

"Don't shoot anyone," Aria says and I slant her a look as I shift from second to third using the paddle shifter on the steering wheel as I glided the Aston through the roads up to Lake Como. I'd also been very interested in how this day would go since there was a few marriage traditions Aria should know of in my Familia.

"I won't promise anything. If someone touches you, I don't care from what Familia, or what position they hold, I will put a bullet in them," I laugh trying to make it sound lighthearted but it came out cold and calculated, which was the difference between my intention, and the reality that my brain never allowed me to escape about myself.

"No one will do anything to me, you're the Capo of the largest Familia in Europe, not even the Bratva could be stupid enough to intrude on you especially on a day like this," Aria says smoothing out the satin mermaid floor length dress that she wore, the sweetheart neckline something she had chosen and considering she looked classy I wouldn't complain, though I had the most beautiful girl that Italy had in my passenger seat.

And fuck me if she didn't look like a dream.

"If the Bratva appear my men have orders to kill them, I doubt Matteo or Luca would mind a bloodbath on a wedding day, would seem perfectly normal in my family," I scoff thinking of Uncle Giorgione's wedding where pirates had tried to steal his yacht during the reception and a hundred plus made men pulled guns on them. I'd been just nine and the fact my own father handed me a knife and told me to help says enough of the man he was and what I'd been willing to do. What I still was willing to do, I was surrounded by the relation of blood, I was born covered in blood, bound by blood to my oath as a made man and member of the Familia, was connected to my siblings by blood, and was molded in the blood of others. Aria wondered why I didn't like it on my clothing, or why the smell was one of my least favourites, I'd killed the equivalent to twice the population of the city we lived in. Nevermind the people I'd ordered killed.