Chapter Forty

Arianna

The moment Matteo entered the house I knew something was wrong from both his and Alessio's expression.

Matteo just looked worried and considering he was the Consigliere, and meant to advice Alessio he should have been calmer, but it Matteo didn't even have humour or a smirk I had to guess that it was bad.

I had heard their conversation but I wasn't so sure if I wanted to know what Matteo knew about the people that would be coming to the wedding between Alessio and I.

The jokes of a bloody wedding also hadn't left my mind, and I kept thinking about how it might go. There would be the six Salvatorini Siblings, and their associated partners, along with other members of the Familia's, there would be my parents and likely Gabriella as Matteo's date, there would be my brothers, and the entire Tommaso Familia whatever was left of it, mixed in with my mother's hatred of her daughters, and the fact she would have to accept me and Gabriella being the wives of the two most powerful Mafia Made Men in Italy. I had also noticed Alessio's interaction with Stefan Sorenko the Nasu of the Roman-Ukranian Mafia and almost all of the Eastern European countries. In Europe I knew of two men that were feared more then anything and it was Alessio, and Stefan simply based on the power they held. It would be the two largest Mafia's in Europe against one shrinking Familia at least. I knew that the Tommaso Familia wasn't well liked in the circles of Mafia Politics, though I knew Alessio had a buried hatred for them because of the things they did.

Leading all of us into his office Alessio immediately poured his brother a drink and then took water and ice from a pitcher before looking to me, and I shook my head 'no' at the offer.

"So what's going on Matteo?" Alessio asks leaning against the dark wooden desk as he stared at his brother, and Matteo let out a sigh before pressing his lips together.

"There is apparently an informant from this operation, he'd originally thought it was to help plan your wedding, but it was a plan to kidnap Aria on the day of your wedding, it got leaked that Violetta was killed the day of your wedding so your enemies were planning to recreate that memory for you. The guy broke down we didn't even touch him and he started telling us everything from guilt," Matteo says and I could see Alessio's eyes get that dark look that I knew meant he wanted to do something that would mean someone getting hurt.

"Alessio?" I say calmly. And for once he doesn't soften, he looked livid, like if anyone said anything unimportant, he'd kill them on the spot.

"How long has this been going on and did he give names?" Alessio asks with next to no emotional expression.

He's going to kill someone.

"Not a name, they never gave names but the organization Chimera was mentioned, he's since been put in one of the nicer villas in Genoa and is under house arrest until we get what we need, and also to keep the fucker safe," Matteo says, "we suspect that he would want to escape from the Familia's as he isn't exactly an ally to this Chimera group but also the Salvatorini Familia could view his actions as treason, which means he has to die".

"Matteo," Alessio says before he fell silent and crossed the room to a specific drawer of the cabinetry in the room. "I want you to extract every piece of information about this new informant, and then I want every traitor on those lists killed, and all the newly found ones. After that, let's watch what happens with the Chimera Group, and if they are still dumb enough to try and attack the wedding, I will personally kill them," he adds pulling out a cigar and cutting the ends off before lighting it and crossing to his seat where he finally blew out a cloud of thick grey smoke before cradling his forehead.