Chapter Thirty

As I rolled through the gates of my giant estate I looked to my sprawling home and saw that as expected, the front lights were on and so was the living room's. As I slowed in the driveway I parked beside all of my other vehicles though they were slowly being moved to the back corner of the property. Shutting off the engine I slid from my car and locked it behind me while making out Aria's face in the window before it disappeared. I knew she'd be at the door waiting for me to walk in and I momentarily forgot that I had just come home from tricking information from a guy I'd ordered killed, and had likely condemned at least another hundred people to death.

But who was going to stop me?

Pushing open the front door I was immediately faced by a beaming Aria who threw herself around me amplifying my feeling of not being a vicious and notorious Mafia Boss, I wasn't the Godfather of Western Europe, I wasn't the monster I'd been made to be, in the small woman who was tightly hugging me's eyes I was just Alessio Salvatorini, I was her fiancé. Staring down at her she eventually tilted her head back and I immediately noticed the French braids that led to a single braid that went around her shoulder as she looked at me with those beautiful hazel eyes.

"Tu m'appartiens Arianna, et moi à toi," I whisper softly as I lifted her up by her waist so that we were level with one another.

"I don't speak French," she says though the bright but coy smile on her lips told me that she knew I had said something that she would like the meaning of.

"You belong to me, and I to you," I translate for her, and she blushes looking down and meeting the spot where I'd been shot.

"Alessio," she gasps going to reach for the piece of fabric I'd still not removed from the bullet wound and stopping to look back at me with concern mottling her face as she considered me, as if wondering if my pain had shown on my face and she'd missed it. The consideration wasn't missed by me either she cared I just would never be able to seem weak in her eyes because I'd been shot and harmed so often I almost didn't notice any of my wounds anymore.

"It's nothing, I've experienced worse pain then being shot," I say dismissively but she glowered at me and I couldn't help but smile lightly at her.

"Fuck that, I'm treating your wound, put me down and go sit on our bed, I'm going to get the med kit," Aria says and without hesitation I set her down and watched her head towards my office where I kept one of three med kits in my house, another was in the garage, and the final one lay under the sink in the bathroom of my bedroom.

Getting to the bedroom I walked around the bed and sat down on Aria's side of the bed near the end. The duvet had been neatly folded at the end of the bed a habit I'd noticed Aria did with blankets and towels once she was done using them to make the room look neat, and tidy. Though I noticed the discrepancy from where our pillows sat. Mine was flipped around from where it should have sat and hers remained still as if she'd swapped hers and mine, and once Aria knew I was coming home had corrected where the pillows were though not the orientation.

She slept with my pillow.

Before I could check anything else Aria walked through the door carrying the med kit and sat down on the bed beside me before wordlessly cleaning the wound with peroxide, and alcohol, before wiping off any gunpowder or brass residue, and then putting a gauze over the spot the bullet penetrated.

"Relax your arm, if it's not relaxed the bandage won't be tight enough on your arm," she says without making eye contact with me. Watching her do this was fascinating, and somewhat relaxing that she was so careful to make sure it was wrapped properly before taking bandage clips and securing them into the fabric.

"I will have to change the gauze every morning and evening, and the bandages every two days to not allow infection," she explains while I watched her face. If she was anyone but my future wife I'd be mildly off-put that she thought I didn't know how this would have to work but she was more conservative with the times then I was and would insist I listen to her for the sake of my health, even if I would've been fine with just bandaging it because I hadn't done anything different then removing the bullet and stitching myself shut with a bandage around it.