Chapter Thirty Four

When the cars arrived at Matteo's villa that stood far along a long driveway much like the one that Alessio's own multi acre estate was though Matteo's home simply rose higher then others around it, just not enough to be considered flamboyant.

Alessio once he got through the gates, slowed along the driveway and stopped in front of a large leveled fountain near a few of Matteo's vehicles that seemed much like him each being a deep metallic grey colour and each being likely even more expensive then Alessio's own taste in vehicles.

Two Mafia bosses who liked cars.

The two brothers never really seemed like they cared much for the luxury around them even if it suited the kind of life they had Alessio never really gave a shit and it was overtly clear Matteo didn't either, they just existed in the bubble of La Cosa Nostra. Ruling the underworld of Europe as the two brothers who could never be beaten.

Once the car was parked, Alessio climbed from it and straightened the shirt he wore, before rounding the vehicle to open my door.

Matteo's house wasn't much less of a view then the surrounding homes though the pale grey colour was definitely one way to stand out amongst the tans and shades of reds and yellows. It also had lush gardens that made the whole home seem like it was owned by some foreign advisor who had never been yo the home. It was a show home though the interior knowing Alessio and knowing that him and Matteo were close, was likely semi traditional.

Getting to the door I watched Alessio knock and a few seconds later Matteo opened the door the calculated grin that he had pulled across his face.

"Alessio thank you for joining me," Matteo remarks and Alessio flicked his eyebrows up for a brief second.

"Fuck off Matteo, we both know that Lorenzo and Vivian Valentino will be here soon with their youngest daughter," Alessio says almost dismissively, but I caught the warning in his voice when he addressed his brother.

"Gabriella will probably only want to see her sister after she finds out that she has to marry me, and be your sister in law," Matteo teases though I noticed that he seemed somewhat nervous.

Being around Alessio made me notice things easier, he was good at what he did about reading people and so I had to learn how to read the micro expressions of his face.

"Gabriella knows that she's marrying you, and Alessio and her will speak, if you get married she said yes, you know that," I state, and Matteo raised his eyebrows as if he was surprised that his brother would have explained that part of marriage traditions.

"He's been open about the truth of marriage to you, that's not usual, maybe you have made Alessio a big old softie," Matteo quips jumping out of range of my fiancé's grip, followed by a click and glancing down Alessio aimed a gun from his hip.

"Enough Matteo, she knows, now move on," Alessio's sharp words cut through the room. They'd never been hostile but I did have the feeling that they did it mostly to push one another, even if neither would harm the other, under any circumstance.

"I'm backing off, still I'm proud to know I hold the honour of being able to piss off the Don of the Familia and still live," Matteo smirks and he was met by Alessio returning his gun to his holster while glowering at his brother.

I'd never seen Alessio lose it at his brother, and I knew Matteo wasn't one to resort to violence prematurely though there was almost what seemed like an understanding that regardless of it the one thing that would separate the Salvatorini brothers was how they dealt with situations. Matteo liked the chance liked creating the fear of being prey in people. Alessio was simply the man that could kill without feeling anything for the future of their family. I also suspected that any fight, if it ever occurred between them, would result in both of them dead.