Chapter Thirty Seven

A week passed and Matteo had asked me to meet him at one of our clubs to talk about the Familia, and how we would progress with the Tommaso Familia becoming ever smaller, a rift between me and Vivian, and the loss of Pietro's wife which he still hadn't seemed to fully grasp. Julia had been at the funeral and in the aftermath I'd seen her and Antonio spend the length of the reception by one another's side.

Those two were bound to get in trouble more then my brother and Gabriella would, since I'd given the instruction they could speak and attend places together just not live together or break Familia tradition, unless mutually agreed on. Obviously that couldn't be disclosed with the Valentino's but if Matteo and her chose to make that leap I had no business stopping them.

Slowing my car down along the curb I dropped my head back and let out a long sigh. I personally hated clubs, and most of the time wished I didn't have to collect money in cash from here, but that was just how life went, I had to live in this life, and though being a mobster wasn't the greatest career since we had a higher death rate then the military, and earned less respect, perceptually I would just make due, though I wouldn't end up dead in this life, at least not because of it. I'd live a long life rather then have Arianna, my mother, and my siblings watch me be lowered into the ground.

Shutting off the engine, I pushed the door up and got out before shutting it with a bang as I strode into the club passing the bouncers guarding the doors and through the standard area with a circular bar in the middle of the room with blue velvet paneling along the walls while a front stage sat in a corner. The burlesque bar was meant to be a nightclub and considering how there were private rooms, and a second floor which was VIP and could cost as much as fifty thousand euros per night I'd gone all out in making the club multi roomed, and to be as exclusive as I could without having the club be too much to the eyes.

Passing through the curtains with two bouncers that were a few inches taller then myself and built like they could manhandle anyone under five-ten. I then strode up the stairs and onto the balcony suite reserved for just Matteo, and I had I ever had interest in attending a place that I viewed as being against the Mafia's code but there was nothing wrong with owning them.

Striding past Matteo's guards who barely cast me a glance as I did so still carrying all of my knives and guns, though not a single one of them would tell me to surrender my weapons, even if I should. Matteo was my brother I wasn't going to kill the crazy fucker.

"Alessio," Matteo says as one of the server girls who had been clearly flirting with my brother, though unsuccessfully walked off and then sped up as she passed me.

"Excuse me," I say turning to her and she stopped still holding the tray, and seeming a little put off.

"Don't flirt with my brother, if you're caught doing it again, your job will disappear," I warn before taking a slow step in her direction and stopping a foot away, which was close enough to have the desired effect of terror, "secondly, button your blouse up, this is a burlesque bar, not a brothel," I add and she nodded before disappearing down the hallway while her crimson nailed hand adjusted her top.

"Someone's in need of a blowjob, what's gone wrong in your life?" Matteo says and I stare at him, my annoyance I'd only just suppressed in my car arising again due to my dipshit brother, and his remarks.

"I'm the Boss of a Familia that in seven weeks will have all of Italy. The Tommaso Familia is being pushed back, and I have a grieving Underboss, while another smaller Familia was taken out and its making the rounds that a Mafia war has begun to take place here. I need to purge the Familia's again Matteo, all of them, every phone call, every text, every email, every little conversation they have, and they will be happening," I say and he nods.

"Killing someone isn't going to get them to disappear silencing them is one thing, but if you actively hunt people, it could turn into a Salem witch trial," Matteo says and I let out a sigh as I dropped down onto the seat and lifted one of the glasses of scotch on the rocks before taking a deep sip of the liquid.

"That's why I have a dozen informants, that were apart of my original outfit from Genoa, the problem is this entire region is fucked, and I'm going to have to kill people Matteo, to make them understand that crossing the Salvatorini Familia has its consequences, and it will be paid in blood," I sneer my composure slipping for a second before I took a sip from my glass and rested my head back. "Do you think I'm having such an intense reaction because my wedding to Aria is only seven weeks away?".

I watched Matteo turn to face me from the corner of my eye likely about to tell me something I wasn't willing to hear, but would need too if I wanted my rule to remain. Matteo had been more often then not the reason I even stayed in the position of Don. He may not have been the voice of reason, but he was still able to come up with something strategically sound that could be beneficial to the next step in whatever venture I was about to partake in, especailly death.

I also knew that Matteo and I had done our own share of horrible things, that our criminal empire was built on. I'd also met my share of wannabe Mafia men and women, when the facts were for the majority no one lived even close to how Matteo and I did. We had to try and stay out of the spotlight, so having a normal job but driving and living like one had millions was a good way to spark questions.

"Alessio, I've never known you to be anything but family oriented, so I would say you are looking for a way to protect her, besides, I've only ever known you to look forward to bloody weddings," Matteo laughs, raising his glass to his lips while I glanced to him.

"You and I both have experienced enough bloody weddings to last the entire Familia a century. There was more in the early days, now if we have them no one will leave alive," I muse with a dry laugh before tipping the rest of my glass into my mouth. I'd never had a problem handling my liquor but I had definitely picked up enough bad habits in my time of being the Boss of this Famila. 

"But they're so fun," Matteo muses and I cracked a smile.

"Look, go to the gym and spar with some of the newer made guys, might make you feel better, and humble them to make smart decisions," my brother says. Matteo was easier going then me, so when he spared he burnt out his opponent, I just hit like a cannon, which made me a bit difficult to spar with, but it was also why Matteo fought for endurance because he had to constantly move to tire me out not that I didn't learn his weaknesses then. Now it was, we would go until one of us died in an actual fight, and it would ruin the victor.

"Last time I did that I knocked the kid out, not happening, I'll just go to the Familia house, and sort out some plan to have anyone of suspect watched, and anyone who disobeys will be killed with them," I say my voice taking on a deeper timbre at the idea of another purge in my territory.

"He learned, they always learn, especially by my Capo brother," Matteo remarks and I nod.

"I suppose they always have to Matteo, but after this, they all will learn anyone who opposes me will find themselves with a gun wound a lot faster then they may want too," I mutter darkly as I stood and left the club to plan what will soon be the bloodiest purge in my seven and a half year ruling of Europe's underworld.

Leaving the club I lifted the door to my car and swiftly sped off through Genoa towards the house of the Familia along with sending a message to my Underbosses to meet me there, though by the time they left there would be many to call for; and not one would be leaving with a beating heart.

You all will have a few interesting scenes in terms of Alessio's reaction to betrayal and something is planned for he and Aria's wedding. Comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌️