Chapter Sixteen

I locked myself in my office for the rest of the day choosing to focus on what my Underbosses and Capo's needed from me to keep the cities in line. I wasn't willing to make marshal law a staple of this period or it would raise alarm bells but no outsiders were allowed in and if found were told that they were in the wrong territory though if anyone were found and had not good excuse I'd be willing to investigate them further.

The problem was my future mother in law was Tommaso who had been crossing my border.

What the purpose was we hadn't figured out but my Capo in Casalbore had reported that suspected Tommaso Soldiers were there which was of concern since they were thirty kilometers from Benevento and two hours from Naples where Victoria was Underboss and pretty much as ruthless as I was. If my family ever had debates on who was whose favourite sibling it would be Matteo and Victoria.

Victoria was also known for being the most compassionate of the Salvatorini Familia until it came to her job as Underboss. Then my youngest sister was capable of doing things that had made Luca of all people not even bother trying to be the wittier of them.

If Tommaso was going to try and infiltrate Salvatorini territory then it would become a problem. I didn't want a Familia war, we'd had two before and it led to assassinations and open conflict. My father had seen it and I wouldn't have put it past him to have used it as a ground to make himself move up the ladder since he'd have been an Underboss by the end of the war, there was questions though on how the youngest out of three boys had become Don of the Salvatorini Familia.

My fathers rise was more well known people had seen it and knew about how much blood was spilled to make him so powerful, though like me his ascension to Capo Dei Capi was mysterious as his brothers had been found dead in a basement of another Familia's house, it led to the treaty with all other Familia's though the back dealings had existed until I became Boss.

When my siblings and I entered the scene we had transformed Italy, I'd killed to have territory across Europe, I'd committed to war with Familia's, with other factions until I had what I did under control. Thousands died because I wanted to be the largest Familia in Europe and I only ever had to compete with the Spanish Mafia, the Bratva, the Sorenko Family, and the other factions of the Italian Mafia from time to time.

I wasn't stupid though, just because I had an empire with six thousand members within just the Salvatorini Familia, and associates that ballooned that number to about fifteen thousand; I hadn't forgotten that I was the head of the largest international organized criminal empire which made me a wanted man most places. The other part of that was other Mafias saw me as a threat, since I had so much power and influence.

Many of us had spoken and discussed places we were allowed to operate. The Romanians held the Eastern section of Europe, the Spanish had the rest of their country and Portugal, the Greeks held parts of their country and many ports along the Mediterranean. The Bratva were a pain in my ass something I'd been dealing with for years and it had turned to several bloodbaths that had to be made into accidents.

As time passed and my order to put groups of Capo's and their soldiers on preparation for dealing with them I sent a message to my sister to do whatever was needed for warning Tommaso about inciting a war with the Salvatorini Familia.

I need to unify Italy badly.

The problem would be dealing with all the micro factions that would rise up when my marriage to Arianna went through because Valentino Territory would become Salvatorini, and that meant Tommaso would have to decide on if they were going to also submit or simply exist out of the way.

Then I got a knock on the office door and stood from my desk and rounded it before pulling open the door where Aria stood on the other side of it with a blate of food.