Chapter Twenty

Alessio

The morning after Aria and I had made love I woke to find that she'd wrapped her small hand around mine under her pillow while her legs had entangled themselves in mine and her other arm mirrored the one that had pulled her close to me. Her golden brown hair looked like a halo over the white satin sheets and the grey pillows and blankets. The sun accented her small features, making the soft slope of her jaw and pointed nose look razor sharp like how one may have made a painting of her with shapes.

I'd broken the rules of the Familia for her something the Don of the Familia wasn't meant to do. I was bound to them each and every law and tradition within La Cosa Nostra.

She was worth it, worth the fact no one could know I'd kissed her let alone marked her as mine, claimed her like every fervent desire had begged of me. Now I was a hypocrite for enforcing it.

I didn't regret it though, I'd wanted her, wanted her like I needed air and that was dangerous. I'd snapped at Reggerio, I'd killed him for what he said about Arianna, and I'd do it for anyone who spoke about her like that. I was sure there were murmurings amongst the Familia about the now public union of Arianna and I.

She'd looked beyond stunning in that dress, and I had to hold myself back from pulling her away to have her just for my eyes only. She was mine after all and no one would protest but Aria who was as regal and versed in the behaviours of a Mafia wife as I had expected her to be.

Reaching up I brushed the side of her cheek moving the hair that had fallen over her face off it, causing her to shift and open her eyes as her breathing pattern broke. I then watched her peel her eyes open and stare back at me.

"Good morning," I say leaning forwards and kissing her gently which I felt her smile into.

"Good morning," she replies peering at me with a look I couldn't decipher and wasn't afforded the time when the door handle to the room rattled and I immediately shot out of bed, and had a gun in my hand with a bullet in the chamber as I crossed the  room to the door and pulled it open a crack with the pistol aimed at the person on the other side of the door.

"Woah, just a handsome messenger," Matteo says with his hands up.

"You need an ego check brother," I mutter with the hint of an annoyed growl at being interrupted.

"You've slept in the same bed as Arianna all night and you're pissed off already, not get your blue balls sorted?" Matteo teases with that infuriating smirk.

They're sorted alright.

"Whether I have blue balls or not isn't your concern," I sneer, and he raises his eyebrows at me.

"Clearly, you need to have them relieved," Matteo says, "now let me in I wanted to talk without being in a hallway," he adds and I reluctantly let him in only after looking to Aria who had pulled the blankets up to her chin.

Turning and walking away across the room I removed the magazine and ejected the bullet before returning it to the mag.

That was when Matteo then had a shit eating grin that I could see in the reflection of the painting above the bed, and I remembered that Aria had scratched my back during her second orgasm.

"So what did you two do last night?" my brothers deviously pertinent smirk making me wish I wouldn't also kill someone for him.

"More then you, since you have to ask," Aria says and I had to force myself to not smile with pride at her response.

Women typically didn't gloat to my brother but apparently mine did.

"I'm sorry for my brothers small proportions," Matteo says.