Chapter Fifteen

When the car slowed to a stop with the others Lino got out of the car and I slipped out after he'd opened the back door before I looked over the garden and noticed a figure walking along the paths and admiring the plants that grew in patches as they had been planted as such.

Walking down the side steps into the lawn area where all of the gardens were I followed the path until I got to the small pond in the middle of the front lawn with a large hanging tree in the middle of the island that was built in the middle that had been purposely built to be where one could go and enjoy it though at the beginning it had been for my sisters to spend time together in the shade, now it was just an island with a rock lower half and sod top.

Watching Arianna through the trees I watched her stop at a garden of bright blue and purple tulips which I smiled ever so slightly at.

Walking slowly over to her I stopped just next to her and a step behind.

"Beautiful aren't they," I say calmly and she spun around so fast that she almost fell over forcing me to catch her as she tripped over her own feet.

"Fuck, Alessio, warning please," Aria says holding tightly to my arms for balance as she stabilized herself.

"Sorry Aria," I say as I let go of her waist but she remained planted to where she stood while holding onto me.

"Apology accepted, and they are beautiful," she says glancing at the flowers.

"I wasn't just talking about the flowers mon cherié," I say and she stared back up at me, and into the hard gaze that I had been trying to soften for her. I'd told myself that I'd be a good man to her, though I still had my temper and control issues to put under wraps.

I could remember the look on her face when I returned home covered in blood, looking like I'd massacred a village. I'd do it for her though, and that presented a problem. I still hadn't gotten all the blood out of my S63 which was a pain because it was one of my favourites.

"I'm not...," she trails off and I reach up to cup the side of her face.

"Arianna, you're beautiful I won't even bother trying to deny that. More then all the flowers in the garden," I say looking deeply into her eyes and she hummed softly.

"Aren't their rules that say no touching?" she asks glancing to the Soldier walking by a hundred feet away.

"No, I just can't have sex with you, or kiss you. One of those I've already broken," I say before leaning down slightly closer to her, "and their isn't a single made man in this Familia who would say anything if we were caught kissing. They all have had men or women, many of them even have been to places where their needs can be met. As long as they aren't Familia I don't care, just if they do so after picking a Fiancé, my members have to get approval from their superior, meaning that if any of my Underbosses want approval they go to Matteo, and if my family wants to they have to come to me,".

"Is that why my family came to you, because you need their permission?".

"Yes, everyone has to get Familia Boss approval, say for example when Luca wanted approval to marry Celine who is his Fiancé, he went to her family got the blessing, then came to me and asked and I made sure both wanted to then approved," I explain, "that's why me and you talked I would only marry you if you were wanting to".

Aria's eyes flash with appreciation and I catch a glimpse of a smile before she turned to face the flowers.

"I thought I didn't have a choice and had to," Aria says, "like I was obligated to".

"That was never the case, Aria" I say feeling a spike of curiousity and worry bubble in my chest.

"Did you not want to be married to me?" I ask shutting my eyes as if I was some teenage boy unable to accept the chance of rejection from his crush.