Chapter Twenty Seven

Alessio

When I returned to Varazze my brothers car not far behind my own I thought of last night and what Arianna had said, her words haunting me.

I've done the one thing all Mafia wives are warned not too.

I felt horrible thinking about it because I knew what she was thinking, I'd taken too good of care of her in this cruel world and as a result I had gotten her to become more then just mine in the physical sense emotionally she was mine, and I didn't know how I was supposed to deal with that, when every woman who had ever gotten too close to other men of the Familia like me, ended up hurt whether it was by questioning, suicides, or simply marriages that weren't fulfilling for them.

Arianna was a diamond by comparison to all of those who were apart of the Familia we weren't good men, or women, we killed to be initiated, and killed dozens of times after.

I didn't even know if the number I told Aria about how many I'd killed or ordered killed was correct. I knew that it was in the range, I couldn't have an unsure answer move around when I came to places. The fear of death had been enough many times to get my enemies to submit. Even Tommaso had lived in fear of my wrath for what they'd done in the past. I wasn't one to blackmail, I chose logical violence and it had given me my men's respect in turn.

I however was willing to do anything to consolidate my power and I never wished for Aria to learn of the way I gained so much control. There was never going to be a more bloody part of my past. I'd killed the most people then, using riots and protestors to cover my killing of those who opposed me in my own city, then used the fear wave to take other cities repeating the process until I neared Valentino Territory and I wasn't willing to risk a war then not when so many had been killed, and it worked then.

I just found myself now with a war with my fiancés mother's family.

Parking my McLaren I pushed the door open and slid out cursing at the blustery wind that had befallen Liguria.

"Why the fuck must the riviera be so cold," I mutter and Matteo pushes the door to his Lamborghini shut with a soft bang.

"Because we live on the beautiful and spectacular Italy," Matteo smirked at me and I glared at him, all while my brother smiled like the cat that got the cream.

Of course he had some kind of response.

I turned my gaze away from him and walked towards my home. Father had asked for it to be built as a way of hiding a large sum of his money but it didn't matter now since the house was one of the most expensive ever sold in Genoa and I didn't even have the slightest amount of remorse about planning the man's death. Now the building that was meant to be the house of the Familia, that would have fed into my father's furthering cruelty was now the home that my future wife and I would call home for the rest of our lives, even if I had other homes across Europe that we could have used or called home. Aria also seemed to like the property that I knew she hadn't fully explored or she would have known that the property sat in the most geographically safe location and that the far back wing of the house where my extension was being built would likely end up having a longer section of the driveway that would lead to a 'guest' house even if it would just be going and because my property covered approximately ten it was nearly impossible to know every corner of it, even I wouldn't until all of the work I had actively going on was completed.

Climbing the large stone steps I crossed the front porch to the door and pushed the door open before Aria stormed towards me, and though I had gotten used to her meeting me at the door, her demeanor had shifted, her eyebrows were angular and the tight lipped expression on her face, paired with the piercing look in her eyes spoke to her displeasure and I immediately wondered what had annoyed her to the lengths that my typically composed fiancé looked ready to kill.