Chapter Eight

I had barely finished my business of the day and was walking out of the front doors of Salvatorini Enterprises when my phone buzzed and I pulled it out to find that Lino was calling me. Answering I lifted the device to my ear as I unlocked my car.

"Yes," I say into the reciever as I got into my car.

"Mr. Salvatorini, we have a problem, Miss Valentino has taken your McLaren and disappeared," he informs and I sigh.

Fucking hell.

"I'll be back at the house in fifteen minutes," I grit and hung up discarding the phone into one of my blazer pockets.

Gripping the steering wheel I started the engine and sped off back towards the villa doing well in excess of what I should. A union of anger and worry building in the pit of my stomach.

I had my share of enemies and though she took the one car that would outrun everything else I own, I doubted she'd speed out of fear of crashing. The bulletproofing would keep her safe at the least but I didn't want to relinquish that fact.

As I got to the outskirts of my compound, and slipped through the gates, before I spotted the low sleek car roll up the driveway slowly likely to not scrape though the angle was very slight.

Rounding the corner at the end of the driveway several kilometers an hour faster then I should have and practically slammed on the brakes which the car protested but complied to do none the less. Before I'd been able to think, I threw the door open and stalked around to my 765LT Spider as Arianna pushed the heavy door open and got out, with nearly a dozen bags in the leather passenger seat of the car.

Scanning her my relief countered my anger before I refused my urge to pull her into my arms. Which was an odd sensation. I hadn't felt this immediate need to protect something since my father had struck Amara, and even then I'd been calm. Enough to plan to murder the bastard and take his place. I had a one track mind about Arianna and it was dangerous.

Get a fucking grip Alessio.

She stared at me noticing that I'd stood next to her now dressed in shiny heels, a pair of tights, and a black wrap dress with the lapels being satin all while golden jewelry adorned her neck and matched the clasp of the belt she wore and the small amount of it on her heels. Her hair had been pulled up in what I'd guessed was a twist bun which looked weaved around whatever was keeping her hair like that and secured by a golden ring. She dressed like a lady and certainly acted as one but I could still tell she was youthful and regally poised even if her eyebrows raised and her eyes expressed shock.

"Why the fuck did you leave without telling any of the guards?" I utter in a low voice my anger winning the tone battle but my pounding heart spoke to the worried fury I had experienced moments prior.

"I didn't want them hovering over my back while I went shopping besides I needed feminine products" Aria says, the last part nothing more then a hushed whisper.

"Next time, say something and I'll come home and take you. But I don't want you going alone, I don't trust someone not to harm you" I state looking down at her as shock changes to curiosity.

"You care?".

"Of course I fucking care, you're my fiancé, your family expects me to take care of you and protect you. So if not for me for them tell me at the minimum where you're going. When you think you'll be back would be appreciated too," I say and she hums in consideration.

"You have to do the same with work," Aria propositioned and I hummed thinking about it and finding no reason for that to not be the case. After all the point of this all was for her and I to get close to each other.