Don't Let Me Wait Forever (Tenma)

Me: hey guys! This one-shot is requested by Deinahmarie, one of my awesome supporters! Let's get started!

Tenma: Akira-san, is it really my turn?

Me: of course tenma-kun! Looks like someone has fans *laughs in teasing manner*

Tenma: *looks at you then blush* T-Thank you...u-uhm, I'm a little new to the whole 'fan' thing so I hope you don't mind if I get a little flustered.

Me: don't worry, they won't mind. My readers are super nice! Well, let's get this show on the road!

You were at your last class of the day and you couldn't wait to get out! You got bored of listening to your teacher so you decided to focus your attention to the windows were you could see the heavy downpour of rain.

You then looked around until you caught the gaze of a familiar soccer playing brunette. The said boy then gave you a sincere smile that made your heart beat like crazy.

A small blush crept to your cheeks as you remember what happened a few days before.

~~

You were on your way home after soccer practice. Being one of the new managers, you were one of the last ones to go home along with Kidou-san and Haruna-sensei. The sky was painted orange by the setting sun and the crisp autumn wind blew your (HC) hair across your face. Once you managed to fix your hair, you spotted a familiar looking figure leaning beside a tree just a few meters from where you stood.

It was weird since he usually left with his friends straight after practice. Seeing him now, you noticed that he looked a bit troubled and had a very noticeable blush forming on his face as he seemed to be in deep thought.

"Tenma-kun!" you said catching his attention. You then headed towards him noting how he seemed to stiffen as you got closer. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be with Aoi-chan and Shinsuke-kun?"

He sheepishly scratched the back of his head as his blush continued to get redder. He wouldn't look at you in the eye and seems to be having a hard time finding the right words to say. Finally, after taking a deep breath he said, "I wanted to walk you home. I figured you'd need some company since it was already getting dark."

Hearing this, you smiled and agreed.

On the way, you noticed how Tenma would steal quick glances at you and how his blush deepen every time your hand accidentally brush against his. You couldn't help but ask Tenma what was wrong.

"C-Can I tell you in private?" he asked. You nodded, curious to what was getting Tenma all worked up about. As a manager and a very close friend of his, you just had to know what was troubling him and make a way for you to be able to help him.

You followed him to his usual training spot near the riverbank. The sky was already dark and the streetlights were already turned on.

"So what do you want to tell me?" you ask.

Tenma turned to you with an obvious blush on his cheeks. His gaze bore on yours as he began to say, "Look (FN), I know that we've only met a few months ago and I know you probably think I'm crazy or weird right now, but I have a confession to make."

"Tenma..." you whispered. You were getting really confused and nervous, and you didn't even know why.

"The truth is I love you (FN)." he said boldly, "Ever since we've met, I found a certain attraction towards you. I love the way you would always take care of the team, your quirky personality, the way you laugh, the way you smile...everything about you is just so....amazing. (FN), I know I may not be the first guy to tell you this, but you're an amazing person. A one-of-a-kind girl."