~28~

Song #26
She's mine pt.1 - J-cole

─── · 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Seeing Diego dressed nicely with many bouquets of roses and many balloons made your nerves rise everything became blurry, but what caught your eye was the rose petals spelling out the word 'sorry' the amount of envelopes of letters on each bouquet made your legs weak.

Diego was nervous, not seeing you react basically seeing you leaning on Kevin for support, not knowing that you couldn't stand properly. Sweating like crazy, thinking you've fallen for Kevin or not accepting him back.

Diego shifted his stance once he sees you and Kevin talking, seeing your hands shaking from the distance he was at, exhaling the breath he was holding.
Finally coming to your senses realizing what's happening.

"Kev, is this actually happening" your hands clearly shaking and your eyes filling up with tears.

"Well yea, took forever for him and I to plan this because he wanted to be sure to get everything you liked"he said putting his hands on your shoulder.

"Damn you really are my best friend"

"Well of course"
Nodding trying to pull yourself together, looking back at Diego, letting off a small smile to you. Sighing closing your eyes pulling yourself together.

Finally letting go of Kevin, walking towards Diego.

"Hi." You said in a soft whisper

"Hey" he said with a soft smile on his face.
He grabs your hands then slowly starts rubbing his thumbs on your knuckles.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry, I'm sorry for being an asshole ignoring you everyday or trying to avoid you, but you can see why I've been avoiding you. You know how much I can't keep a secret like that one time I told Kevin his birthday present. I'm sorry about the girl that you thought I slept with in your own house even though she's a family friend, my cousin and niece were there too and she was painting that picture of you and Beto while I was watching some random disgusting show even though I shouldn't have due to my niece being there but that's besides the point she was watching something else. I'm sorry for destroying our relationship the first time by cheating I would say it was a mistake and I didn't mean it but at that time it's wasn't and I'm not gonna lie to you and be like all those guys saying all that stuff trying to win you back, i knew my mistake and I decided to leave as you know to make my football career happen and to let you hate me and I definitely deserved those times where you slept with Kevin which was twice and I definitely did deserve that."

Diego tightened his grip slightly but not enough to hurt you, he took a deep breath and continued. As he did that the rest of the team came out quietly standing or sitting alongside Kevin.

"After the time away from you and anyone else but my family I had time to think, I wanted to see you again but I didn't know how, once I got the opportunity to come the selección I knew Kevin was here and wherever Kevin goes you go so I took my chances came here to find out if you were here. I'm glad I was correct because you were on the benches with my son, and thank god he's mine because I was gonna come here and baby trap you.. no I'm kidding but finding out Alberto was mine and not Kevin's just made whole life. I know you still don't trust me I know you won't forgive me, I will understand if you don't want nothing to do with me but just let me have a relationship with my son.
But I am asking you for forgiveness and another chance, I understand if you say no but just know I'm still in love with you and tried my best to change. You should also know that you are my Bad Habit and the amount of relationships were messed up because I never stopped thinking about you as cheesy as that sounds"

Diego goes on his knee still holding your hands in his, while his head is leaning down while he takes a couple deep breaths as he continues.

"So please Y/N forgive me and continue to be my Bad Habit"

You took a couple of breaths in while trying to calm yourself from shaking and crying that you didn't know was happening due to being stuck in Diego's words. Letting everything process was a challenge, his words, his actions, his surprise, his voice, his emotions, it stunned you

─── · 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

777 words

This is short for a reason, so I'm not saying sorry but I'm sorry for a short chapter 😭 more because I want to figure out "Y/N's" exact words are gonna be and what his "big" present is gonna be but I have something in mind, anyways I hope it's good, also I think the "speech" kinda sucks 😭