Camp Cretaceous

Notes: Hi! How are you guys doing? This is my rewrite of the JWCC with my own OC in the mix. The fic will be in my OC's POV with a more mature take, this will mostly focus on the action and the relationships between the campers. No smut.

I've already finished all the writing, so don't worry, I'll try to post weekly on Saturday. Just a heads up, this work covers only seasons 1 through 3, I'm not doing 4 and 5, cause I didn't particularly like them... oh well.

Trigger warnings: it'll be a more mature take on JWCC with swearing, blood, violence. There are also depiction of negative thoughts, anxiety and panic attacks. Most of the darker tags apply to later chapters in the story. I'll put a trigger warning on the beginning of the chapters when needed.

Good reading and I hope you guys enjoy it!

I found myself on a concrete pier that opened up to a beautiful blue ocean. Nothing could be seen on the horizon, only the blue sky meeting the deeper blue of the ocean. The pier ran long into the sea, but only had one ferry docked, the one that had brought us to the island. I stood under the sun, shifting my weight from one leg to the other as I glanced around, squinting at the brightness. The sun was hot, a bit too hot for my taste as I could feel the sweat on my forehead, but the ocean breeze brought some relief. It made me regret my choice of clothes, though. Black sweatpants in tropical weather? Not my brightest moment. But at least the cropped t-shirt was more appropriated.

I didn't know what to expect of Jurassic World, but it certainly wasn't an almost deserted dock in the middle of the jungle. When my mom told me, scratch that, ordered me to come to this summer camp kinda deal they had going on here, I admit, I was pretty mad from being away from my friends and my training, but part of me was excited to see some big, scary dinosaurs in the flesh. But I'll never let her know or I'd never hear the end of it. Just because my mother works on creating dinos, doesn't mean I will.

The sound of waves crashing against the concrete brought me back to the moment. There were five other kids with me on the pier, and all of us had wide-eye gaze, taking in all the details around us, from the ocean to the dense jungle beyond the docks.

They seemed to be all younger than me, but I couldn't be sure as I had mostly kept to myself on the trip over. There was this very thin girl right next to me, she was on the shorter side and had bright pink hair, a jacket to match and ripped blue jeans. The girl had a really high pitched voice and talked so much my ears hurt, she spent the whole trip vlogging on her phone. How she managed to keep her phone, I'd never know; the first thing they did when we stepped into the ferry was to take away our phones.

'Which is borderline criminal, if you ask me.' I sighed quietly. Something about Camp Cretaceous being too exclusive for kids running around with cameras. Then why the hell did they let the pink-haired girl vlog?

There was this girl that seemed to be closer to my age and almost as tall as me. She had a very stern look on her face that screamed 'Don't talk to me!'. She had an athletic build and was wearing gray and purple workout clothes. Her brunette hair was secured in a ponytail, which was a pity, cause that girl had really pretty long hair, which made me a bit over conscious of my own. I've been wanting to grow my black hair for ages, but it just never looked pretty, so I had to settle for a shoulder length.

The next girl over seemed to be my height and had a thick Texan accent. She had dark hair in a bob and was wearing cowboy boots, jeans and a leather jacket with a floral blouse underneath. I grimaced at how hot it must be under all that leather, I guess there's always someone that had it worse. Cowgirl was one of those overly excited extroverts, she tried to make friends with me but I avoided her on the ferry, so she spent her time mostly around the two boys of the group.