Last Day of Camp

Warnings: injuries, mentions of blood.

"Attention. All park-goers must report to the South Ferry Dock for immediate evacuation. Last ferry departs in two hours."

We were all scattered throughout the stands, but as soon as the announcement ended, we rushed to regroup by the balcony.

"That's it? No explanations?" Brooklynn let out, frustrated. "That's all we get?"

"We have to move. The only way we're gonna make it is if we run." Darius said.

"Um..." Sammy glanced over to Yasmina limping over to us. "Are we sure that's the best way to get there?"

"I'm fine." Yasmina finally joined us. "I've competed with a torn ACL. We should be way more worried about Ben and Bumpy."

"What we should all be worried about is catching a boat out of here." Ben opened his pouch and pulled out a piece of paper. "And, naturally, we have a problem." Ben laid the paper flat on a bench. It was a map of the park! "We're here." He pointed at the lagoon on the map. "The docks are on the southern tip of the island. Even if we ran at peak Yaz speed, there's no way we'd make the last boat out."

"You don't know that!" Sammy commented.

"Yes, yes, I do. I memorized the evacuation plan on the ferry ride over." Ben said, which caused a collective groan, our last hope going down the drain.

"Okay, so we need another way." Darius said. "Uh, can we use those somehow?" He pointed at the kayaks. "Or send someone to tell the ferry people to wait? Or-"

"Or make a few jetpacks real quick?" Brooklynn cut him off. "Oh! We should befriend a unicorn!" She exasperated. "Face it. It's hopeless." She dropped her face in her hands.

We couldn't run, our van was busted, we needed something... another vehicle? I paced around trying to come up with a plan and my eyes kept averting back to the Innovation Center.

"We should check out Main Street, there should be a vehicle around or something we could use." I suggested.

Darius snapped his head at me, with a glint of hope back in his eyes. "Definitely! We should-"

A different automated voice spoke. "We will be arriving at Main Street, your destination for fine dining-"

"Is that-" All our eyes followed a bright light that was approaching us.

"-and shopping at Jurassic World." The voice was coming from a monorail approaching us from the other side of the lagoon. "Followed by stops at the Jurassic World Lagoon and the South Ferry Dock." We watched as the monorail rode the tracks that crossed over the lagoon and disappeared into Main Street.

"Monorail, what-what!" Kenji threw his arms up in the air.

"Nicely played, Universe." Brooklynn grinned.

"Now that looks like a plan." I commented.

"Hurry!" Darius exclaimed.

We rushed up the stairs, to the exit that had a sign pointing to the monorail's station. Brooklynn, Sammy, Kenji and I ran up ahead, while Darius stood back to help Yasmina and Ben.

The four of us ran out of the stadium first. Outside, a tall staircase led to the monorail station. However, the image of Toro standing right at the feet of the stairs caused us all to gasp and stop in our tracks.

"Toro is alive, Toro is alive!" I muttered as we hid behind the wall. Luckily, the dinosaur had his back turned and didn't notice us. Darius came running with the loudest footsteps ever, but Brooklynn held him in place, shushing him. He peeked around the corner and then jerked back behind the wall, his eyes wide. "Is it too bad that I hoped the Indominus had eaten him?" I asked no one in particular.