Casa de Kenji

Warnings: blood (a little bit), injuries, anxiety.

"Hurry up, Darius." Kenji yelled from the cockpit. "With the engine off, we're gonna be swept out to sea or smashed on the rocks!"

We've been drifting with the current the whole night, and when we caught the first glimpse of the sunlight, Darius volunteered to, with a rope, get down to the hole and patch it up again.

"Alright, pull me up." Darius called. Yasmina and I pulled on the rope, slowly bringing Darius back to the deck. "Alright." He crawled onboard. "We gotta fix that hole or the gas will be the least of our problems."

"I thought having no GPS was the least of our problems." Kenji said, appearing on deck.

Yasmina cleared her throat. "Yeah, and uh... not to add to the doom and gloom but..." The yacht rocked back and forth with the waves, sinking slightly. "...pretty sure we're also sinking."

"Nah." Kenji dismissively waved his hand. "We're just riding low in the water 'cause of uh..." He cleared his throat while glancing at Bumpy.

Bumpy growled, impatient, and Ben tried to calm her down. "Do not listen to him." He said soothingly to her. "You're perfect the way you are."

"Yet another reason why we need to find somewhere to dock." I slumped down on a couch. "And fast."

"Isn't there some non-dino-infested dock we can get to?" Ben asked us.

"The closest one is on the other side of the island." Brooklynn said, holding the map. "We'll never make it." She sighed, lowering head. "We're doomed and gloomed."

"Ha! Hold up!" Kenji's face suddenly lit up. "There is another dock not far from here. A private dock that's not on any map." He stood on the railings and opened his arms wide. "The dock near the P-house." He announced proudly.

"The um, P-house?" I coughed to hide a giggle.

"I went before we left." Ben said.

"No, not the-" Kenji groaned, facepalming. "My dad's penthouse! There's a private pier and everything!" He explained.

Yasmina scoffed. "And you're just now telling us this?"

"Okay, well, maybe I forgot." Kenji shrugged. "But now we have Brooklynn's magic keycard to get inside!"

"That penthouse could have everything we need." Darius beamed.

"Will have everything we need." Kenji smiled. "My dad loves boats. He's got all sorts of nautical junk."

"Then it's settled." Darius chuckled. "To the P-house!"

"To the P-house!" We echoed.

...

The boat hit the pier and the metal screeched against the concrete until it came to a complete stop. We had reached the VIP's dock, it was up North, passing up a large lone mountain and going further east. There was nothing fancy with this dock, it was a bit smaller but looked just as abandoned.

We didn't see the docks last time we came here and hopefully the penthouse locking mechanism still had battery, otherwise we'd be locked outside, again.

"That's it." Darius said with a gloom expression, checking on the gas meter. "That's the last of the gas."

Kenji threw an arm around Darius and smirked. "Totally worth it 'cause you're about to see the most exclusive spot on the island."

Ben and Bumpy were the firsts off the boat, the Ankylo was desperate to be back on land. Darius and Yasmina took care of securing the yacht, tying ropes around the pier's cleat. Kenji went off ahead, like a child overly excited to show us around; he was waiting for us near some bright green hoverboard scooters, those that the shopping mall's security guards were always cruising around on.