Hidden Adventure

I thought it would be fun to do Hidden Adventure, so I wrote it based on my own choices (that didn't kill any campers that is).

This is a long chapter, almost 10k lol, but HA is pretty much double a normal episode so...

Look forward for some long-time coming realizations 😏

The food shortage had become a real emergency, even more so than getting out of this place. We had begun to pick berries and fruits around camp, fortunately we could count on Ben to tell us which ones were edible. But even that wasn't enough, which led us to explore further and farther away from camp each time.

Today was no different, I went back to camp with a few fruits in my bag. Everybody, but Darius, were already there.

"Got anything?" Brooklynn greeted me.

"Not much." I dumped the contents of my bag on the table. "Where's Darius?" I asked, looking around.

"He isn't back yet." Yasmina said.

"It's getting dark, should we go search for him?" Sammy asked, tapping her fingers on the table.

"I'm sure dino-nerd is alright." Kenji said, leaning back on his chair.

"Um... I don't know, these storm clouds aren't looking good." Sammy glanced wary at the sky. Over the span of just a few hours the sky had really darkened, not just because the night was approaching, but because a huge storm was brewing.

"Chill, Sammy. He'll be fine." Kenji brushed it off.

Except it wasn't fine, later that evening the wind really picked up and we had to tie everything down with vines so as not to be blown away. It was pitch black when the rain started to fall and no news on Darius. We spent all night worrying about him, but we didn't know where he went. We had no way of finding him. Was he hurt? Was he trapped? Or worse...

On top of that, the wind was so strong that it blew the rain under our roof, soaking everything, the mattresses, the couch, us. We stayed awake the whole night, with the soundtrack of the blowing wind and the cracking sound of trees falling down.

...

As soon as the sun peeked through the mountains, we decided to go look for Darius. We went to the watering hole, the grasslands, and when we were by the mountains near the aviary, we heard a scream followed by a thud. We ran after the noise only to find Darius laying on the ground by a cliff, surrounded by vines.

Kenji, Brooklynn, Ben and I were the firsts to reach Darius while Sammy and Yasmina had fallen behind, looking at something.

"Dude, that did not sound good." Kenji laid his hand out for Darius, who gasped, spooked by us.

"Are you okay?" I asked, as he gripped his side in pain.

"Guys! We found Darius!" Ben yelled at Sammy and Yasmina. "He's over here-"

"Ben. Don't." Darius quickly shushed him. "Something's up there." He pointed at the rocky cliff.

"Oh, thank goodness!" Sammy said, as she and Yasmina reached us. "You're alive!"

"Not for long if we don't get outta here." Darius hissed.

Yasmina just looked at him, puzzled. "Why-" A loud roar sounded from up the cliff, making us all flinch. "-do I even ask?"

"Let's move." I motioned them and we took off running to where we had come from. Darius did a quick double back to pick up something from the ground.

This part of the jungle really smelled funny, like a Brachiosaurus had taken a piss everywhere. I kept scrunching up my nose as the smell didn't leave us, no matter how far we got from that cliff. 'Was the smell following us?' I glanced at Darius. 'Oh, great.'